Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New mom, new to chat

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello all. My name is Riana, I am a first time mom, and first time home maker. Going through an adjustment period. Haven't attended any new mommy groups, cause I just don't want to leave the house. I got married to my daughters father in march, and that has been an adjustment all on its own. My husband is 12 years older than me, first baby, first marriage. I feel like I am under alot of pressure, and my husband doesn't give me a lot of attention.... So I'm reaching out for moms to talk to, looking for advise, and ideas to help me through
by on May. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Hello and welcome!

You should talk to your husband about how you are feeling.

Liudmyla
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Hi and welcome

My name is Myla and I have 2 kids (4year old and 19 month old) How old is your baby?

I can be your friend if you want :)

Mauramomma
by on May. 17, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Hello,
Thank you for welcoming me :)
I have talked him, I feel like a broken record

Quoting LuLuRex:

Hello and welcome!

You should talk to your husband about how you are feeling.

YolaGoGo
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Hi Riana! Beautiful picture <3 I know that you must be hurting right now, that everything is new, and that you must feel so overwhelmed right now! All I can offer is advice about h how I've dealt with sorrow...I'd say treat yourself special...take a bath, do your hair, make yourself a delicious meal...ask a friend out family member to watch you're little one and take time for YOU. Sometimes writing all of your frustrations down, frustrations about you're significant other, life in general, can be so powerful and healing. Or, talking to other mamas here also! Its so great that you are reaching out! Big smiles for you and your baby...
Mauramomma
by on May. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you very much for the comment, as well as your advise! I have just started kind of journaling about my frustrations, it does help to get it out on paper. I am thankful for chats for moms, this is wonderful, helps me not feel so alone :)

Quoting YolaGoGo:

Hi Riana! Beautiful picture <3 I know that you must be hurting right now, that everything is new, and that you must feel so overwhelmed right now! All I can offer is advice about h how I've dealt with sorrow...I'd say treat yourself special...take a bath, do your hair, make yourself a delicious meal...ask a friend out family member to watch you're little one and take time for YOU. Sometimes writing all of your frustrations down, frustrations about you're significant other, life in general, can be so powerful and healing. Or, talking to other mamas here also! Its so great that you are reaching out! Big smiles for you and your baby...

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Riana,
Being a new mom is an adjustment & am sure with a new marriage even more.
Talk with your husband & let him know how you're feeling.
I agree with the op that you try to get someone to watch your little one so you can ge tout.
Hugs to you & we are here for you :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Welcome to the group!  The other moms have some great words of wisdom.  You have to let your husband know how you are feeling.  If he won't listen, 'plant a bug' in the ear of his mom or someone that he will listen to.  He may feel like you are nagging him.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Welcome to CafeMom. You have gotten some good advice from the other moms already, I know this must be frustrating for you. Did he pay you more attention before you were married, or is this just his personality? I always say try talking it out, but apparently that's not working for you. If things don't get better, maybe try some counseling. Good luck to you.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Hi Ruana! Welcome to the group! You will find a lot of Moms friends here!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hi Riana! Welcome to Cafemom! What are some of your interests? There are great groups on Cafemom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)