Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Potty! 4 years old

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, my ds (4) is finally going pee pee in the potty.. But he's not telling me in time so he ends up going in his underwear most of the time.  How do I get my son to tell me he has to go potty?? Any suggestion?  I'm losing my mind! 

by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gofast_mama
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM
We did the naked method try no pants and show him the potty every twenty minutes or so!
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Sounds like you need to be paying more attention to him. At 4 there is no excuse for accidents unless something is wrong in terms of his physical or mental growth... at least not to me.
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Excuse me he's now learning to use the potty. He's not potty trained yet.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Sounds like you need to be paying more attention to him. At 4 there is no excuse for accidents unless something is wrong in terms of his physical or mental growth... at least not to me.

TeenMommyof1b1g
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Quoting gofast_mama:

We did the naked method try no pants and show him the potty every twenty minutes or so!

I agree with this lady. We did the naked thing (only in the house though) with our lg & she's almost completely pt at two... Other than that, he know's when he's ready for it. Try showing him the potty every half hour or so & asking him if he's got to go, and if he says he doesn't just have him try anyway...

candys9901
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM

my lil guy is two and keeps takeing his diaper off and pees on the floor, his daddy shows him but hes not getting the hang of things

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM
So set a timer and ask him every 30 minutes... he's 4 years old he should be well past potty training by now.

Quoting connorsmom2009:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

He will be 4 next Wednesday.. U act like some children can't be delayed without something being wrong with them. My child is fine we just don't push things and let the progress on they're own.

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

So set a timer and ask him every 30 minutes... he's 4 years old he should be well past potty training by now.

Quoting connorsmom2009:

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs to you sincei know how it feels to have a "late" trainer.  Does he have to tell you or can he go on his own to the bathroom?  Perhaps have a potty chair out in main living space for him as well as just running around bare butt when there is no company.  On the market there is a toddler/preschooler urinal for boys as well so they can stand and be able to aim better than on a large toilet.

alisheamonet33
by on May. 17, 2013 at 3:28 PM

your just potty training at four ???? why so late?

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

He hasn't shown any interest yt. We don't force things we let them do things on their own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN