Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need to vent!

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
My husband was fired from his job on Monday, we are moving from Texas to Florida in 20 days so he doesn't want to get a job. The problem is we only have $60 to our name for groceries & gas ( we have a family of 5) I keep telling him he needs to go into McDonald's and ask for a job so we can at least eat & get our kids to school or at least ask his dad for a loan to get us till we move ( we're moving in with my parents & they are paying for the move). All he is doing is running his stupid Facebook scanner page & doing ride alongs with a ambulance company ( he's a wannabe ems worker, but is really a mechanic). I am about to pull my hair out!!!!!
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
demonica29
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you look for a job?

NDADanceMom
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Even if he was hired today wouldn't it be weeks till he got a check?
cowgirls10181
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Try the local labor ready office or work force office. They do day jobs and paid same day. He will have to get there early to ensure a job opening, they usually fil posisitons within large companies who notice a sick employee like city jobs, including road repair, and trash pick up.
meka26
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM

We would both work at McDonald's to provide for our family.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM

That is a tough situation.  And this next sentence will probably get me yelled at, but why don't you get a job until your family moves?  Or would it be possible to move to Florida sooner?

Lovebugbaby
by ♥ Coty ♥ on May. 17, 2013 at 8:12 PM
my suggestion would be Labor Ready. Good luck
kidlover2
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Can't he file for unemployment? And another poster was right. Even if your husband magically got the McDonald's job today, by the time all the paperwork, training etc. went through... it would be almost 3 weeks before he'd get his first paycheck. He needs some odd cash jobs.
flaquitabss
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Put a yard sale!  Bake some cookies, sell lemonade... do something you too!!  Two are better than one!

glinnda
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM
So sorry, marathonmom!! Maybe you can sit your dh down for a reality check talk and figure out how to solve the problem together. Good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN