Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Not finding out the sex?

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 16 Replies
My bf and I have both agreed that when we have a child together some day we don't want to find out the sex. Have any of you done that? What were your family and friends responses?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Nope.  I wanted to but my husband said he couldn't, and he would have felt absolutely horrible if he accidentally slipped when I was like 39 weeks along, so we decided to find out.  After that I just wanted to find out for all of them.

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I couldn't do it. 

outtamymynd
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Didn't have a choice with my third. It was torture lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I didnt know the sex of either of my children until they were born.

Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
We didn't find out the gender of the first two and didn't plan on finding out with the baby I am currently pregnant with. However, the ultrasound tech let it slip. I was disappointed.
Big_Momma_X02
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Er I had a Mommies intution,I knew my first baby was going to be a boy and that my second was going to be a Girl even before the 21 week u/s told me so and I was right,but I found out the sex of both of mine...

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM
I couldn't do it and its not as easy as it sounds.
kitty8199
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM
My cousin its on her third she's not finding out.
I couldn't do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I know it will be tough lol but it'll be so worth the wait. My mom didn't want to know with my first but ex let it slip. Bf and I don't want to know when we have a baby and my mom will get her wish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcawhales98
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I didn't find out with either one of my kids.  I have DS and DD.  Honestly it is like the best birthday/christmas present all rolled up into one.  Like remember when you were a kid and couldn't wait to open the presents that were under the tree and you were just so excited until Christmas came.  That is what it is like.  With both my kids me or my exh didn't want to know.  My first one my ins only covered 1 ultrasound and couldn't afford another one.  So that took care of us not knowing.  And I was so excited that it made my pregnancy better.  And it was fun having friends and family try to guess what you were having.  When I finally deliverd and dr told me he saw the head I was so excited I asked what the sex was.  Now with my second one some of my co-workers got mean about it and really wanted to know.  And I really wanted a girl that I thought if I found out it was a boy I would be disappointed so I didn't want to find out.  Plus I wanted the same excitment I had with my DS.  And I had some complications and they had to do a lot more ultra sounds but each time I told the tech I didn't want to know so please don't tell me.  And they didn't.  But when I had my baby and they told me it was a girl.  It was like the best present ever.  And I know people are going to say well you can't plan or you don't know what clothes to buy.  As soon as you have the baby people will bring pink or blue to the hospital.  Now that I am with my new SO we have talked about having kids and he has 2 kids from his exw and they found out and he wants to know but I still don't want to know.  So he said that he would tell everybody but me.  Which I think someone would slip.  So I don't know but who knows what will happen.  But good for you for not finding out that is so amazing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN