Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

moms in KANSAS!!!!! WICHITA and around!

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 19 Replies
I'm very new to wichita! Is this a severe, scary tornado or would you call it minor? When exactly is "tornado season" should i be worried?

Sorry this is my first tornado warning ever....
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Bump
jb0520
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Bump
jb0520
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM
No one?
baseballmom1211
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I'm not from there, but any tornado is scary so take every precaution possible and listen to all the warnings

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM
I live in Kansas City Mo In my experience living in the Midwest tornado season is from April until November.

When we first moved to the Midwest from the East Coast I would hide in the basement every time the TV said tornado warnings which seems to happen every other day.

All you can really do is be prepared if its serious you will hear the sirens so I hope you have a basement. I would get storm supplies including a storm radio and go from there

Good luck
SecularMomma
by on May. 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Lived in tornado alley all my life. When the sirens go off put your kids in safety and turn on the tv. the sirens usually go off before a tornado actually hits the ground so the weather guy will be able to tell you what stage the tornado is in and which direction it is heading. I've been through several tornado sirens and most of them aren't even touchdowns. Still, be prepared and make sure your kids are safe so if there is one heading for you, you aren't scrambling.

PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I'm not from there but i'm used to tornado sirens. Get a weather alert radio and supplies. Just be as prepared as possible. Check your weather stations online or via TV to see where the storm is headed and how bad it is. Here sirens go off even when there isn't a touchdown, it can be quiet annoying. I'm hoping they change that because it's joke here.
silverdawn99
by Jamie on May. 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I live in el Dorado *20 minutes was* I am not too worried
I watch kake and I don't stress too much
kansasmom1978
by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I live in Emporia, and the weathermen are very concerned. This weather happens a lot and sometimes it comes and sometimes it misses us. I am concerned with the tennis ball sized hail forecast for tomorrow and my new van in the driveway

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on May. 18, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I live just outside KCMO and so far this seasons been pretty quiet. This outbreak we are getting tomorrow is pretty serious and scary but honestly, not that unheard of for the area.  

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)