Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Could you marry a sibblings spouses brother or cousins spouses brother

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • 1 Replies

Assuming you have married sibblings.  Could you marry that sibblings spouses brother?  Or your cousin got married. Could you marry the cousins spouses brother?   Some years back my niece Tara from sil Lori got married.  Now I hear my niece Samantha from sil Debbie is engaged to Tara's dh's brother.  No date set for the wedding.  I heard they were saving up for a wedding.   So if the marriage takes  place.  That means Tara and Samatha will be cousins and sil's all in the same.   But if they're in love.  I don't care.  Just seems a bit weird. 

by on May. 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
goldilocksbecky
by on May. 18, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Sure, why not.  My Mom's brother married my Dad's sister.  (Which sounds weird since it's brother-sister, brother-sister . . . it doesn't sound quite as weird if you say 2 brothers married 2 sisters, but it's basically the same thing).  I have double first cousins. 

It actually happens fairly often.  Especially in small towns where the pond to fish from is only so big.  If you are from a big family and start to eleminate everyone who is related to someone who has married one of your (extended) family members, then the pond gets even smaller.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)