Cousins proposed something that we never thought she would...WWYD?
My cousin (amy) is 20 yrs old...and lives with my aunt and uncle at the moment.
She is looking to come and live in the city that i do sometime in the summer, because she is going to go to the college here.
Which i am proud of her for..
The whole family got together last night for a BBQ and Amy approached me and said that she was wanting to talk to me and SO about something..an idea that she had that she had talked to her mom about and they thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
My first reaction was ' honey , there isn't any room for you on my couch LOL' ...
Everyone laughed, said 'no thats not it' ...little did i know..i wasn't far off!
She goes on to tell me that she had seen a house for rent in my city, 3 bedroom $1000 for rent ,..and she was wondering if me and SO would be interested in renting it with her so they figured that it would be $500 for us and $500 for her...i of course told her that i needed to talk to SO about it and that i would get back to her.
I know now , that i should have told her No right then and there ...i knew that i pretty much could guess SO's answer..but i always talk things out with SO..so i didn't want to just give an answer.
SO and I talked...
On the positive sides ...
1) It's a house! (we live in an apt) ..there would be a place for the kids to run out and play.
2) we would be able to purchase a washer/dryer.
3) there would be more room for all of us.
4) we know she wouldn't mind babysitting IF she had nothing else to do..(me and SO hardly go out anyways)
The not so positives...
1) There are 4 of us in total (him, his son, me, my DD) so $500 isn't very fair now is it? We would end up having to pay $750 -$800 Not to mention, if something happens and she has to move we are stuck paying the full grand a month. (that's not within our budget)
2) He just moved into my place last month, we are looking to get a bigger place to fit all of us..however, we want 'OUR' first place...to be JUST ours.
3) The cousin isn't very responsible..and SO would end up having to deal with her asking him to drive her here and there , because she isn't responsible about watching the time..(she does it now when we go up there for a visit)
4) We discussed about the cleaning around the house and mine and SO's routine fits us..and we seem to do a pretty good job at keeping the place tidy, Amy however..throws everything anywhere and doesn't do a good job cleaning lol..i have yet to really see her do dishes to think about it.
We have pretty much made our decision and will be telling her that we do not see it as a good idea ..and im hoping i don't hurt her or dissapoint her..
But just wondering would you tell her yes?