Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stupid Kansas Weather**UPDATE**

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

They are forecasting hail larger than baseballs here. That shit will destroy my new van, and probably my roof not to mention my windows in my house. My dh is at work and I am home with the kids without a basement. Tornado risk is moderate but still there. UGH what is going on with this damn weather?

Well, the sirens have gone off once already. A house west of town lost it's roof and trees were damaged. Hail but not as big as they predicted, yet. High winds. We took shelter in our neighbors basement. Another round is headed out way. Sounds like North East OK got hit really bad. I've been following Reed Timmer on Facebook and he said he came across people who had been thrown from vehicles. 

by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlohaTink
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM
It's been crazy this week! I'm in Tennessee and we had a freak 5 minute hail storm yesterday and was so loud it actually scared me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I think hail scares me more than tornadoes. Least you know what a tornado is going to do, hail is so damn nuts. 

Quoting AlohaTink:

It's been crazy this week! I'm in Tennessee and we had a freak 5 minute hail storm yesterday and was so loud it actually scared me!

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on May. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Wow, I've never seen hail that big. Sounds scary!

kels1023
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'm from the west coast so I can't even fathom what it would be like to have weather like that
ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I hope you have insurance. 

ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Dh put a comforter over my car yesterday to protect it, I'll don't he same today if needed! I live in NE
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Update

SlingsAndThings
by RissaBusch on May. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM

We are about to get the line here in KC but it looks like the tornados threat won't be as much as an issue as wind and hail for us. My mom was freaking out about her car. She bought a brand new Honda a month ago. 

Hope everyone stays safe tonight

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

CafeMom Tickers

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Where is Kansas are you I see the warnings on my TV. I'm in Kansas city Mo we are just getting rain.
kansasmom1978
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Im South west of KC. I have a van we bought two months ago and as I sat in the basement with my kids I could not stop worrying about it. LOL. The hail was not too big here. I hope you guys dodge the bullet.

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

We are about to get the line here in KC but it looks like the tornados threat won't be as much as an issue as wind and hail for us. My mom was freaking out about her car. She bought a brand new Honda a month ago. 

Hope everyone stays safe tonight

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)