Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Coming home from the store! They didn't hit the ground, but the sirens were going off! 

Tornado season is here in Oklahoma! 

Now there's one on the ground like 4 miles from us! 

This is what it looks like across the street from us. Isn't it beautiful? That big cloud to the right produced a tornado, the other one is to the east of us and I can't get a pic. 

Holy crap! An F4 tornado is on the ground. They're telling people leave their homes and out run the storm. That's just insane! I pray for the people in those towns that they stay safe and find a safe place to stay!

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
celestegood
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I'm in sw Missouri (Springfield) and I dread it hitting us!

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Storms are heading our way, we are south west MO.. have been watching the weather channel and keeping an eye on local news.. weather channel was showing live footage of the tornado's tuching down some crazy shit 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyakabooby
by Tree Charmer on May. 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Quoting Rampgirl04:

That is so cool momma! Where I live we don't see a whole lot of interesting weather and I'm definetly a Storm Lover LOL. But please watch your safety as well with those but hey Great post!

BTW please send some of those cool storms this way

Thank you. I love storms, clouds and tornado season. It's crazy I know, but it's just so fascinating and amazing and exciting when storms like this come through. I love it, even though its kind of scary.

– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Wow, hope everyone comes out of this safely.. That is crazy, my heart would be racing but I suppose when you are use to it, it becomes normal (I guess). Be Safe..

mommyakabooby
by Tree Charmer on May. 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Wow, hope everyone comes out of this safely.. That is crazy, my heart would be racing but I suppose when you are use to it, it becomes normal (I guess). Be Safe..

I don't think we get used to as much as we learn when we are really in danger. This tornado was 3 miles west, and 4 miles north and was traveling. North so we weren't in any danger from it. We learn all about these storms, what the clouds look like, how big the danger area is and we adjust accordingly. i just find them beautiful and fascinating. 

– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM

ok, thanks.. I think I would find fascinating as well.. I find it terribly soothing on a good rainy night, lol..

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

I don't think we get used to as much as we learn when we are really in danger. This tornado was 3 miles west, and 4 miles north and was traveling. North so we weren't in any danger from it. We learn all about these storms, what the clouds look like, how big the danger area is and we adjust accordingly. i just find them beautiful and fascinating. 

Rampgirl04
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Well girly that definetly makes two of us Loving storms LOL well actually three of us if we include my Fiance. It is definetly facinating what weather does. Hey if you can get some more good pics definetly post them please winkLOL

Quoting mommyakabooby:

Quoting Rampgirl04:

That is so cool momma! Where I live we don't see a whole lot of interesting weather and I'm definetly a Storm Lover LOL. But please watch your safety as well with those but hey Great post!

BTW please send some of those cool storms this way

Thank you. I love storms, clouds and tornado season. It's crazy I know, but it's just so fascinating and amazing and exciting when storms like this come through. I love it, even though its kind of scary.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM
We just had a nasty storm go thru. I was telling SO that I didn't like the look of clouds. He laughed and said "oh miss meteorologist" then it let out and rain. And a tornado warning. Lol. I said whose laughing now. We got golf ball size hail
hemlockprimrose
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Storms are heading our way, we are south west MO.. have been watching the weather channel and keeping an eye on local news.. weather channel was showing live footage of the tornado's tuching down some crazy shit 

I'M in Joplin.. and looks like we are under a Tornado watch till 1 am for now :( ....

Pnukey
by Jennifer on May. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM

We're still watching the news about this. We're in OK too. The storm passed over us and didn't drop a tornado on our heads, Thank God. 

celestegood
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM
:( be safe!!! I think you all have had enough tornados to last a lifetime.

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

I'M in Joplin.. and looks like we are under a Tornado watch till 1 am for now :( ....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)