Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Coming home from the store! They didn't hit the ground, but the sirens were going off! 

Tornado season is here in Oklahoma! 

Now there's one on the ground like 4 miles from us! 

This is what it looks like across the street from us. Isn't it beautiful? That big cloud to the right produced a tornado, the other one is to the east of us and I can't get a pic. 

Holy crap! An F4 tornado is on the ground. They're telling people leave their homes and out run the storm. That's just insane! I pray for the people in those towns that they stay safe and find a safe place to stay!

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
by on May. 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Replies (71-72):
kansasmom1978
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Glad I am not the only one to think so. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado and we even had a tornado up there once. And they always said it will not happen there. Well it happened once. It was not something we worried about. But it did happen. Pittsburgh KS is in tornado alley, in fact it's more so than Emporia. To believe it will never happen because of some old story is niave.

Quoting healthykidsmom:

So true.  Tornados can hit anywhere even Pittsburg Kansas.  Smacks forehead.lol

Quoting kansasmom1978:

The word is HAS NOT gone through there. Folk Lore won't protect you. It's awesome you've dodged them. But please dont assume it will never happen. Greensburg used to say they never went there.

Quoting jeweldragons:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Never say never. Your in tornado alley and it's always possible.

Quoting jeweldragons:

Move to Pittsburg, KS.  We never had tornadoes there.  Stay safe!

Actually no Pittsburg, KS doesn't get tornadoes. They never go through there. Something to do with the Native Americans who lived there. I don't remember what we were told by the taxi driver but it ties into the Native Americans who lived there.

AjCeCeMom
by on May. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
The native Americans said that about La Crosse, WI. That a tornado never hits where three rivers meet. A tornado hit a couple of years ago. Not a very big one but still, a tornado can hit practically anywhere.

Quoting jeweldragons:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Never say never. Your in tornado alley and it's always possible.

Quoting jeweldragons:

Move to Pittsburg, KS.  We never had tornadoes there.  Stay safe!

Actually no Pittsburg, KS doesn't get tornadoes. They never go through there. Something to do with the Native Americans who lived there. I don't remember what we were told by the taxi driver but it ties into the Native Americans who lived there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN