Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Now that the Summer is here.. What's your Electric Bill like?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM
  • 43 Replies

The only thing wrong about the summer is that doggone AC bill, so in the past what was your bill like? I mean we gotta do what we gotta do but geez, lol..Have you ever taken advantage of the balance Billing.. Where they average your bill for the entire year and divide it and its usually much lower that what you would spend monthly.  The average includes the ac/heat.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I used the balance billing years ago and liked it, don't really know why I haven't done it lately.. Also, I live in an apt and the AC can run in the low $200 and thats only because I am home in the day, I imagine it would be cheaper if I worked outside the home.. 

RADmomma
by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I pay $65 a month. No ac but my washer & dryer, hot water heater, stove & everything else is electric.

I've done balanced billing in the past, it didn't work so well for us.
DSamuels
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

During the summer we run our A/C 24/7 at 72 degrees. Our bills average around $110 a month. We have a 3 bedroom ranch, about 1500 sq ft.

It is cheaper to maintain a steady temp than it is to cool down a warm house, not to mention it's easier on the equipment. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Summer is not here for another month.  Our bill does not change since we do not have AC.  We only have one functioning heater for the whole apartment since we do not use the gas fireplace.

AlohaTink
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:37 PM
It went down from 110 to 95 this bill but we try to use the windows and fans instead of the AC.
ETA everything is electric including my stove and its a 2 bedroom apt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alwaysmotivated
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM

thats awesome.. I know I try to use up all resources before kicking on that AC..fan, doors open (only because I'm on the third floor) I am not one for keeping doors open, lol..

Quoting AlohaTink:

It went down from 110 to 95 this bill but we try to use the windows and fans instead of the AC.

Derpy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

$150-$170

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

This must be new in our state, but I can "buy" electricity from another power supply company that's NOT the electric company. I pay around 2cents less than I was before. But I'm also on a budget pay. I pay...are you sitting down....$237 per month. Twice a year it gets re-eval'd to make sure we're on pace. If I have a balance, it can be divided out and my budget pay goes up. If I have a credit, then it goes back to me, and my budget pay is reduced.

My dh keeps the AC at a friggin frosty 68 degrees.(plus we have a pool) So I doubt my bill will go down.

But in the winter my house is STILL 68 downstairs, upstairs the thermostat is 64.

AlohaTink
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Me either about the door but we tried it with the chain on it and it was nice! But...I hate bugs lol

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

thats awesome.. I know I try to use up all resources before kicking on that AC..fan, doors open (only because I'm on the third floor) I am not one for keeping doors open, lol..

Quoting AlohaTink:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Holy crap that's my car payment!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

This must be new in our state, but I can "buy" electricity from another power supply company that's NOT the electric company. I pay around 2cents less than I was before. But I'm also on a budget pay. I pay...are you sitting down....$237 per month. Twice a year it gets re-eval'd to make sure we're on pace. If I have a balance, it can be divided out and my budget pay goes up. If I have a credit, then it goes back to me, and my budget pay is reduced.

My dh keeps the AC at a friggin frosty 68 degrees.(plus we have a pool) So I doubt my bill will go down.

But in the winter my house is STILL 68 downstairs, upstairs the thermostat is 64.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)