Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do during a tornado...

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM
  • 27 Replies

Well, in Oklahoma we stand on our roofs to make sure we can see it real good!

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyakabooby
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Bump
Ariah
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That's funny! My husband comes from Oklahoma and done that a time or two.
 I would rather stay in side,reading a book after doing my normal panic and getting stuff ready for the worst.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

In Kansas we stand on our front porch and watch to see if it's coming! That is probably why people look at me like I'm nuts here in Michigan. =)

mommyakabooby
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DanaG70:

In Kansas we stand on our front porch and watch to see if it's coming! That is probably why people look at me like I'm nuts here in Michigan. =)

That's funny! They probably do think your nuts!

For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
AlohaTink
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Lol yeah I peak out when the sirens sound just to see what's up. And then hide in my bathroom :)

Quoting DanaG70:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I live in New England, and during thunder storms, my dh will sit in the garage with the doors up, with our dog on her leash. He likes to watch the lightening, listen to the thunder, and actually being in the garage keeps my dog calmer during a thunderstorm than when she's in the house.

Quoting DanaG70:

xixCandyxix
by Candy on May. 19, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I would probably cry & hide under my bed. I live in New England now & panic real bad at the mention of a tornado watch/warning. My XH is from Kentucky and had a few close calls with tornados. He said he got real close to one when he was driving once... Not good.

Rust.n.Gears
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I still panic over the tornadoes we had a couple of years ago. I never knew what to do since we live in Massachusetts. I saw it, turned tail, ran to the kids, and down to the basement. I admit we were screaming.
Angelanscalf89
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I live in michigan so we dont get a whole lot of tornoados just once every few years or so but me and my mom would always stand outside and watch for tornados.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lokizmo
by on May. 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM
We do the same in MN. Who cares if there's a warning, its finally hot enough to be outside. Lol okay not that extreme but we watch for it.

Quoting DanaG70:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN