Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Duct tape PICS ADDED

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

So I have a new hobbie. I like to make things out if duct tape. I can make cell phone cases mp3 cases, headbands with flowers it no flowers. Hair clip flower now ties, rings, Kindle cases and a whole bunch if stuff. Now I want to start selling them at the local flea market. Fo you think ppl might buy them? And how much would you charge? Can post pic later if you want.

Here are the pics.

Clips wallet and phone case(simple one) Can make one with a clip too.Front of kindle caseInside of kindle case

by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

People who make them here charge 5 or under for their creations.  Sometimes more if it is a larger piece.  DD got a cool purple and leopard barrette at a holiday bazaar for 3 dollars and the girls used duck tape for it.

RADmomma
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM
How cool!!
ShesALady
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Really? I've never heard of that. Can I see pictures? I'm sorry, but I don't think I'd buy something like that and have no clue how much you could get for it.

Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Post a pic lets see, sounds interesting.

Derpy
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I would love to see pics

iamtryingforme
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My dd had a club at school to learn how to make stuff with duct tape. She loved it. 

Keep the price low $3 or so. You need to make your money back for the tape you bought so don't low ball the stuff to much.  

beautisticaware
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I would like to see the Kindle case.
Alwaysmotivated
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

You also should look into what others are charging, how much time you put into it, etc.. often times ppl do not understand that you cannot sell as cheap as Walmart, because Walmart buys in bulk and can afford to sell cheaply (just using walmart as an example) there is a craft group on cm, you should ask questions there as well they are really good.. Good Luck to you.. There is a market for any product.. Make your passion a business.. :)

irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Thank everyone! I will post pics in am. It's 1030pm here and about to go to bed.
NDADanceMom
by on May. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM
The kids around here make nice wallets and bags. I paid $30 at a silent auction for a fundraiser for a smallish bag. It's not something you can make money on i don't think. The tape is expensive and people aren't going to pay a ton as many things don't hold up. The bag handle wore out in a few months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)