Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I wanna how many actually care about grammar or not...........

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: I wanna know how many of you really give a flying flip weather or no I use correct grammar/spelling/punctuation...... If u do care about my grammar/spelling/punctuation so much why do you care?!

Options:

yes

no

dont really care either way

other..... explanation in comments

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

I'm always seeing ppl who just have to be the  proper English police b/c I don't write/type to their liking so Im doing a poll to see how many of you actually care and or why do you care soo much.

eye rollingsticking out tongue

by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Replies (41-41):
MzShorty787
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Ok not talking about getting a job and I'm certainly not here to impress anyone and if u can't get a better impression of me then the way I type then well oh well don't really care that much

Quoting jillianmayasmom:

I care because the way that you speak and the way that you write are representative of you. On the Internet, it is the only impression we have of you.

When you apply for a job, the way your cover letter and resume are written are the first impression the potential employer has of you. If you get the interview, the way that you speak and present yourself are huge factors in whether or not you are hired.

Certainly nobody is perfect and I make errors too but, even on here I try to correct them if I notice them. I can admit that I judge people based on their grammar. It may not be a correct judgment or a fair judgment but, it is based on the only information I have about the poster.

All of my uses of "you" are general.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)