Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Canceling Birthday party..

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 32 Replies

If your younger child  between the ages of 4 to 8 was acting up the day of there birthday party would cancel it why or why not?? What would be a good reason for you to cancel a party for them?? 

by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beinghuman
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Birthdays are suppose to be special, it sucks sometimes that the person having it can't enjoy it, and make others not enjoy it as well, but canceling is pretty big hurt for such little hearts. So no.... no canceling

SterlingHeart
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM

nope -- not fair to everyone else --- i would go on with things as planned then after all is gone i would deal with the childs behaivor as needed 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on May. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM

you cant cancel it...it's not fair to the guests who went and bought presents, and planned their day accordingly..deal with the behaviour after the party is all said and done.

ms-superwoman
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

The day of, no.

aj23
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this
The only reason I would cancel my 6 year olds party is a medical emergency or something equally as serious. It's not right to punish the other kids and parents for my child acting up.
If they were acting up the day of the party I would let things go on as usual but once the party was over all gifts would be taken away and then they would be punished.
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Big difference between the age of 4 and the age of 8.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisUnderstood04
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM
We dont take things like parties, Christmas etc away as punishment so no I would never do that unless we had an medical emergency
Seagodess
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

nope -- not fair to everyone else --- i would go on with things as planned then after all is gone i would deal with the childs behaivor as needed 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

No I would not.  I would take something else away if they are acting up.    I would only cancel if they were sick and contagious so others did not get sick.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I wouldn't. But punishment would begin as soon as everyone left.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)