Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Natural birth? THOUGHTS

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 55 Replies

I really want to a natural birth when i expect my 3rd baby. Its not because i want to get some kind of mothers reward, it's because i really want to know what my body is capable of.. Some women might say "if you don'thave to be in pain then why would you want to be"? why not? Birthing our babies are beautiful and i really believe in myself that i can do this! Def with my husbands support he's all up for it LOL. Has anyone experienced a natural birth if so share your story what was the outcome :)

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Yes I just had my second child all natural 10 months ago what do you want to know??

oreo91
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM

This will be my first time going natural any tips with staying calm, and also how to get through the pain

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Yes I just had my second child all natural 10 months ago what do you want to know??

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I had my 3rd without pain killers...I did it. We are definately capable of it... but I wouldn't do it again if I could help it.

krista778
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

5 years ago when I had my dd I went au naturale. There wasn't time for meds and the only time I felt I needed them was when she was in the birth canal stretching me a lil too much with her massive 13cm head lol.

I didn't have a problem with no drugs, just picked a spot across the room and focused. But I had a fast labor so not much time for pain.

moonlitnitz
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
i had natural births with all 3 of my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:32 PM

It's easier said than done but whatever makes you clam and relaxed do it for me it was just watching tv and not focusing on the pain and breathe though  the contractions and stay calm don't panic when it gets to the end and time to push talk to your doctor and ask all the horrible questions you have and watch a birthing video before hand . This was my second so it went fast but my first was eight hours so it was harder this one was only a hour of labor and five minutes of pushing. Good luck!!

Quoting oreo91:

This will be my first time going natural any tips with staying calm, and also how to get through the pain

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Imjustinsmommy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM

i had both my  boys born at home, water births im not gogint o write a boring novel for you but they were both fine & everything worked out ok.. its NOT easy & yes.. it hurts but you can do it of course you can.  if you want to ask me anything just feel free ill answer anything you need toknow.  =)

Mommyandliam
by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Do remember to breathe...not like on TV lol but in your nose out your mouth etc deep and slow. I fixed my concentration on a spot and let my eyes burn a whole through that spot. I only got irritated when people asked me questions during a contraction because they were breaking my concentration! My contractions started Monday and were 7 mins apart, by Tuesday morning they were 5 mins apart and they stayed that way all day, I was sent to be induced Wednesday afternoon due to my blood pressure but they couldn't induce because my contractions were 2 mins apart and I was at a 2!! My daughter as stubborn as she's always been still did not arrive until 1:38pm Thursday!!! But it was amazing! It took 3 pushes :) she was 5lbs 5oz and 6wks early.
ToriBabe1221
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You CAN do it mama!!

I suggest the Bradley Method. It's a 12 week class (once a week).and you learn SO MUCH! It's especially great for hubbies!!

My second was an all natural water birth, after a csection 5 years before. I focused. I had my own rhythm. I was at home, relaxed, and everyone left me alone!! Lol

I'm not going to lie, it hurt. 14 months later, i don't remember the PAIN, but i do remember transition especially and you REALLY NEED supportive people around you. A doula is a must!! If you don't want drugs, make it CLEAR that no one is to offer nor oblige when you ask (you can have a special word to use, if you seriously think you need them)
I was begging for a csection!! Lol - I'm so thankful i wasn't in a position that someone could have made that happen. I was just exhausted, and wanted it over with. Haha!!!

It was amazing for me, and I'm planning another homebirth in October!! I'm FINALLY looking forward to birth! Pain and all!! It's so empowering to say to yourself "i did it!!"
jojo_star
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my son naturally, vaginally, with no pain medications. I would do it again, because it's better for everyone involved, and you don't run the risk of your body's natural process being interrupted, less chance for a c-section, and just healthier all around. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)