Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How can I take three children to the store by myself? I have never done this but my husband says he won't go anymore.

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 214 Replies

They are 5, 2 and 10 months I can't push two carts by myself, I told him I can't but he says figure it out

by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM
10 moms liked this
Wear the baby & put the 2 year old in the seat on the cart. 5 year old can walk.
RADmomma
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Make a list, shop back to front. Have the 5 year old help get things off the shelf. Make it fun!
beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
47 moms liked this
Leave them home with him and go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Osstie
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah you could wear the baby.

Do you have those kids carts at your grocery store? They're usually shaped like a car and theres a tv inside. Sometimes there are carts that are extra long and have a bench or a spot for a car seat.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

5 year old can walk.  Either wear the baby, or check to see if your store has those nifty "double seaters" for the other babies.

Or leave some or all the kids with him.

Chelsey191
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM
This is a great idea. Also I don't know what you have available in your area but in mine, the walmarts have carts with an infant seat and a toddler seat side by side as well our other stores have carts with two seats up front.

Even still, before I had a car I walked with ds in the stroller and pulling a cart behind me. Then I had to pack the stroller with the goods.

Quoting RADmomma:

Wear the baby & put the 2 year old in the seat on the cart. 5 year old can walk.

.Nucking.Futs.
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM
16 moms liked this
Is he just an asshole or is there a specific reason why? Oh, I see... He's just an asshole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Put the baby in the cart seat (provided the baby can sit by his or her self ok) and the other two can walk. Its possible. I used to bring two that could walk, one in the seat, and the carseat across in the cart and make my groceries fit. I may have had to go back twice for a shopping trip but its definitely possible. Not easy in some cases but possible.
Mom24munchkins
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Why can't the five year old walk? When my oldest three were that age I took the all the time.
help378
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

He wants me to go when he is working, I am a stay at home mom. I have a car but won't go anywhere ever because it is to hard by myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)