Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
How long did you know your SO before you moved in together and or got married??
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
askingchelsea08
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM

That's amazing! me and my SO got engaged after 3 weeks and we're getting married in July which means we'll be together for 4 months (:

punchnpie
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM
2 years
amberk22
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I've known my SO for over 4 years but we didn't actually get involved until a little over 6 months ago. He moved in about 5 months ago.

mommieof38829
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I knew him for 5 months before we started dating. Ten after a month and half we moved in together.then we got married two years later.
dereksmom09
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM
We met in 2004 didn't get together until the end of 2005. I ended up going on the road with him then since I needed a change. We didn't get a house until 2006 and we married in 2008.
ChicatSixty
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM

First husand....about five years. We didn't live together and were married for four years before he was killed. It was an accident and so long ago that it seems as if it happened to someone else. I don;t hink we would have stayed married, though. Other than our religion, we didn;t have a lot in common. I was 19 and I think that had a LOT to do  with it.

Second husband....two years. We were married for seven years and had two children before he passed away..oh, that was hard! We had a very volitile relationship and when he just up and died, I was left with all manner of unresolved issues.Had he lived, we would not have stayed married because he was a stiff necked ass who hadserved two tours of duty as a door gunner in "Nam and then was a DI. Recipe for disaster because I did NOT join the Army!

Third husband....seven months. We've been married 15 years and despite illnesses, I am quite happy. Of course, my children are grown but I have a great support system---my brother, my sis, GREAT friends I have met either through my boook club or my knitting groups. I am still very close to my college roomates and have had some of the same close friends for 40 or 50 years. 

My in-laws have been married for 70 years..they met on July 1 and were married July 4. He was shipped out July 5 and then was shot down over Germany and spent 2 years as a POW. My own parents met at a dance...my Da was 33 and my Mother was 23. He knew the minute he laid eyes on her that she was the one, but she wouldn't marry him until he got a letter from the draft board telling him that his civilian job (he worked in the shipyards) was too important for him to be drafted. The day he got the letter in the mail, he went to my mother's job (same shipyard), told her boss they were getting married and she would be back in two weeks. They were marrried for 60 years before he passed away.

I really think it is just the luck of the draqw or the roll of the dice....each marriage is so intensely personal and private that you cannot even guess what the formula to success is.

jeweldragons
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM

We had only known each other two weeks before we got married.  Moved in together on our wedding night.

shyannsmomma
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM

1 month before we moved in together and 2 months before we got married

Bethsunshine
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

We got engaged 8 months after we met and got married 6 months after that.

frillyflower
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Moved in together after 1.5 years, got married after dating almost 3 years. I was 21 when we got married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN