Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

direct sales

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone do direct sales?  Have any tips for finding customers?

I have been an Avon rep for a year and still have very few customers.  I live in a very small town and don't have the money to go all out with advertising and everything.  I have done the town block party, tossing, flyers in stores, books in waiting rooms, ads on craigslist, a facebook page, pinterest, linkedin, and I'm sure there is more that I can't think of right now but you get the point.  I am not pushy about it, I will suggest products that I know work and I am honest if I know something doesn't work.  I am just getting frustrated at not making any money. 

by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I have a friend who hosts online parties for avon.  She advertises through her facebook and then any interested people will get the link to party.  It can be done at least nationwide, not sure about worldwide.

md3mom
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM
The only other thing I can think of is vendor fairs or getting referrals from existing customers. I
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Door to door
tiredme
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I have tried advertising online parties on facebook and door to door.   My unit leader and I are looking into vendor fairs.  Thanks ladies!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on May. 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM
I did newspaper ads.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 22, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Word of mouth is a good way in small towns.

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Word of mouth is the best way to get new clients, IMO.  Network at vendor fairs.  I've never done direct sales as I don't want to put in all the time to get things rolling.  

Another thing to think of....Is there really a market in your area for Avon?  I just bought a bunch of stuff from an organic line (NYR).  With the economy being down, it might be a hard sell.  

GL!

PromoBagsDir603
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Promote your business in promo bags or direct mailers www.promobagsdirect.com
zoanddylsmommy
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM

i advertise my perfectly posh on facebook and word of mouth

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM

The last thing I did was Premier Designs and loved it and made lots of money. I ran ads in newspapers, made Facebook post. I had customers that new when the new books came out and made parties like clockwork.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)