Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I honestly don't buy ANYTHING.. With a logo..

Why?

Because a long time ago I took an advertising course at the local collage. Guess what the guy told us.. 

He went student by student and made us stand up.. And if he found any identifiable markings on your clothing.. He detailed how much the company had spent over the last year marketing that product.. And how you were freely advertising the company's products and were getting EXACTLY ZIP! From that moment on.. I have to say... I realized that EX.. Tiger Woods gets payed to wear Nike's LOGO..

And here I am being IGNORANT enough to spend hundreds of dollars to buy a pair of shoes..etc!

So I don't..

I save my money.. I still have nice looking clothes.. and.. The Advertizing agency's aren't getting me to mindlessly sell their shit for them!

Click this siggy to check out my new BLOG!

by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Replies (11-16):
HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:24 PM

ya..

Everything has a tag.. But that doesn't mean it is scralled on the front.. all over the sides.. etc

Wally world clothes are genaric.. I mean my 2 year old's Granimals pants don't scream.. WALMART! They are little jeans.. no one would think twice about it.. kwim?

ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH..if you buy that your gonna advertise it.. cause half the point in that shirt.. pants.. etc.. Is to show off.. 

See the differance?

Quoting meka26:

Everything you wear has a name.

HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quoting onethentwins:

On a similar topic, I would never ever buy my kids a pair of Air Jordans. Exactly how is getting kids to buy overrated, overpriced, shoes, giving back? I can't stand Michael Jordan.

And Yet.. we both know people who think "Little Suzie needs the very best... So NO ONE.. Is allowed to buy her anything but Baby Gap or Old Navy.."

meka26
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

ya..

Everything has a tag.. But that doesn't mean it is scralled on the front.. all over the sides.. etc

Wally world clothes are genaric.. I mean my 2 year old's Granimals pants don't scream.. WALMART! They are little jeans.. no one would think twice about it.. kwim?

ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH..if you buy that your gonna advertise it.. cause half the point in that shirt.. pants.. etc.. Is to show off.. 

See the differance?

Quoting meka26:

Everything you wear has a name.

I get your point. I buy whatever I like. It doesn't matter where it comes from. I'm not so caught up on name brand clothes though. I look for QUALITY more than anything else. When it comes to oldest dd, I buy her good shoes b/c she has to have a shoe with good arch support.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on May. 22, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
That was it.

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

yes? a thought you would like to share?

Quoting lapcounter:

Uhm okay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Ok.. well thanks hunny

Quoting lapcounter:

That was it.

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

yes? a thought you would like to share?

Quoting lapcounter:

Uhm okay.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on May. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Meh.. I don't pay much attention to it. A few peices have logos on them. However, I bpought them from consignment shops. All but my running shoes, those are brand name and for good reason. Cheaper shoes are just not as good, and do not last as long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)