Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you consider anything less than a Bachelors Degree a COLLEGE education?

Posted by   + Show Post

I hear people talking about graduating from college this time of year and they say they earned a CNA certificate, or an associates degree in paralegal, or whatever.....

While that is great and its some education that may help you get a job I think of it more like training than a college degree.  I personally would not support my kids doing anything other than a 4 year degree at a brick and mortar school (not online in other words).  

by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Replies (111-113):
jcmom10
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

There is nothing wrong with an associates degree. You can become an RN on a 2 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and i make a great living........AND i did it online!!!! That's just how things are nowadays. Everyone don't have the luxury of sitting in classes all day so more colleges offer classes online. 

NDADanceMom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:39 PM
But claiming it was equal would be false right? If it was you would have said, "not everyone has the luxury....,"

Quoting jcmom10:

There is nothing wrong with an associates degree. You can become an RN on a 2 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and i make a great living........AND i did it online!!!! That's just how things are nowadays. Everyone don't have the luxury of sitting in classes all day so more colleges offer classes online. 

Clairwil
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Quoting NDADanceMom:

Do you consider anything less than a Bachelors Degree a COLLEGE education?

No.

I don't mind if it is done online, as long as the institution granting it is academically respectable.  (Eg Britain's Open University.)

I don't mind if it takes less than three years.  (Several British universities offer 3 year BA courses - but they have high admissions requirements, and are very intense.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)