Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Every morning I wake up I cant breathe...

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 24 Replies
For the past few months when I wake up in the morning I cant catch my breath. I try to take deep slow breaths but it causes a tightness in my chest and it hurts! Then I cough a little but not bad. The tightness lasts about 20 minutes then I can breathe just fine again for the rest of the day. I cant see a doctor right now. I dont have insurance. Im getting scared. Anyone else might know what these symptoms sound like? And yes I do smoke. (Not around ny kids before I get bashed for that).
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Danielle on May. 22, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Bump
StrangeDays
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Is it warm or cold in your room during the night and when you wake up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM

You symptoms are most often caused by swelling of the mucous membranes. Try taking a decongestant before bed, and keeping your nasal passages moist with a saline nasal spray.

angeleyes16
by Danielle on May. 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Um... Just right? lol Id says its about 70 to 74 degrees depending if I had the heat or AC on. Im in MI so the temperatures are crazy this time of year.

Quoting StrangeDays:

BeachMommy07
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Cease smoking immediately. You could have COPD (chronic obstructive airway disease) Asthma. You can go to ER and apply for charity care the next time you have these symptoms. Do NOT explain your financial reasons HERE, I'm just stating there are different state insurance programs to apply for, some have you pay a small fee or some are completely free. Look into them.

StrangeDays
by on May. 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Lol, I'm sorry, that was a bit confusing.

I ask because if my room is too warm, I cannot breathe. I'm a smoker and I have allergies, so I'm sure it has a lot to do with that. But my nose dries out when it's warm, so I try to keep my room cool, sometimes run a humidifier and apply vaseline to the inside of my nostrils before bed. It usually helps.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Um... Just right? lol Id says its about 70 to 74 degrees depending if I had the heat or AC on. Im in MI so the temperatures are crazy this time of year.

Quoting StrangeDays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Danielle on May. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I an air purifier in my room. I usually have the little fan blowing on me. And I kick the covers off me a lot. So Im usually pretty comfortable. Also to add I have been smoking for 10 years.

Quoting StrangeDays:

Lol, I'm sorry, that was a bit confusing.

I ask because if my room is too warm, I cannot breathe. I'm a smoker and I have allergies, so I'm sure it has a lot to do with that. But my nose dries out when it's warm, so I try to keep my room cool, sometimes run a humidifier and apply vaseline to the inside of my nostrils before bed. It usually helps.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Quoting StrangeDays:

angeleyes16
by Danielle on May. 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
The only reason I did was because I knew some women would have told me to see a doctor. Ive tried getting state medicaid but only my children are eligiable. Ill look into that though. Thank you.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Cease smoking immediately. You could have COPD (chronic obstructive airway disease) Asthma. You can go to ER and apply for charity care the next time you have these symptoms. Do NOT explain your financial reasons HERE, I'm just stating there are different state insurance programs to apply for, some have you pay a small fee or some are completely free. Look into them.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Quit smoking you should be checked for Asthma, COPD and Sleep Apnea.

When you can't breath go to the ER regardless of your ability to pay
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Are you a smoker?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)