Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HI! Ladies, Teenager on board need help. LOL

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ladies,

I have a wonderful Teenage daughter, just looking for others who need support with parenting advice.

My daughter does really well in school, she helps around the house, she has lots of friends.

There are just days when she is just "grumpy". Do your daughters do the same.

Do you have any tips for getting them out of this - "OH, Mom" what do you know attititude.

Do you have phrases to help them see how they are acting. My daughter does have hyperglycemia so her blood sugar gets low and she gets grumpy. But of course she doesn't see it.

Help.

Mom.101

by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobo
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Go with the flow..us women are just natural bitches sometimes...Jk... just make sure she knows you're there for her..and that you've been through things at her age..that's its not the end of the world...

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Hey, I have a teen daughter as well.  Fun, isn't it? 

Seriously though, it can be fun sometimes, but other times... not so much.  My daughter is very much an arguer and will argue and argue and argue even if she knows she's not right. 

Perle1
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:49 PM

My son turned into the devil when he was 13. He is 17 now and pretty much acts normal. It took all the patience I could muster for a few years. It gets better over time. I did have some moments I just wanted to be like "bite me, you asshole." But I resisted and never said it. That he could hear :)

Barronbaby
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM
sorry my dd is only 7 and i am still trying to get her to stop with the whining
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!

My daughter is only two but I'm all already dreading the teen years!

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Sunday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 23, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Welcome to the group,
Just being a normal teen.
Good luck :)

KyBugsMommy815
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM
We all have grumpy days. ;)
ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I have no experience with this. I am sorry.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Bless you! I've been through the teen years four times already, and the best of them are not that much fun! Just hang in there, grit your teeth and bite your tongue, she will be back to normal in a few years.simple frown

HuntersMomma362
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Im 18 and me and my mom get along really well so far. Everybody is different but when im grumpy and i snap at her she always stays really sweet and says sorry for anything she might have said or done to make me snap and it makes me realize i was out of line so i feel super bad and say sorry to her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)