Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone a walmart manager or married to one? I have a ??

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

DH worked at Wal*mart for 2 years before he joined the military and may be getting out in a year. If he does he wants to be a manager at walmart. Does anyone know the requirements for that position?  on http://walmartcareerswithamission.com/ it lists that as one of the possible jobs for military coming to work at walmart 

by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to use the GI Bill and get an education so he doesnt have to work at walmart.
HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting mommy2alissa:

DH worked at Wal*mart for 2 years before he joined the military and may be getting out in a year. If he does he wants to be a manager at walmart. Does anyone know the requirements for that possisition? Spelling... that is a must!

on http://walmartcareerswithamission.com/ it lists that as one of the possible jobs for military comming to work at walmart 

No.. I don't know...

mommy2alissa
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM

No idea why I f*ed that up so bad! hahaha

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

Quoting mommy2alissa:

DH worked at Wal*mart for 2 years before he joined the military and may be getting out in a year. If he does he wants to be a manager at walmart. Does anyone know the requirements for that possisition? Spelling... that is a must!

on http://walmartcareerswithamission.com/ it lists that as one of the possible jobs for military comming to work at walmart 

No.. I don't know...

mommy2alissa
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Asst. managers make 46K a year where we are from, not to mention the paid vacation. So if he wants to work at Wal*mart and make more than he would as a cop or other 'respectable job' I will GLADLY support him. 

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Tell him to use the GI Bill and get an education so he doesnt have to work at walmart.

mommy2alissa
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Actually I think it is 44K, same idea lol 

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
What happens when he gets laid off and doesnt have a college degree? Taco Bell?

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Asst. managers make 46K a year where we are from, not to mention the paid vacation. So if he wants to work at Wal*mart and make more than he would as a cop or other 'respectable job' I will GLADLY support him. 

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

mommy2alissa
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Are you going to pay the bills so he can go to school and not work? No? Didn't think so. And for the record, I never said he wasn't going to go to school. He wants to get a business degree WHILE working. Not to mention having a degree does not = job security or even the ability to get a job. What happens when you quit being a cunt for no reason? Nothing! AMAZING lol. 

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

pce68
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I worked at Walmart and most of the lower lever managers had to work their way up, like start as a salesclerk and then later get promoted into management. The higher level managers usually had degrees and had never worked on the floor, so most of us had little respect for them.

mrsledford09
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Here's a bump I dunno
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:31 PM
GI bill gives you a housing allowance but you seem too immature to realize when someone is trying to help you sodont listen and maybe you both can work at walmart together. How romantic.

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Are you going to pay the bills so he can go to school and not work? No? Didn't think so. And for the record, I never said he wasn't going to go to school. He wants to get a business degree WHILE working. Not to mention having a degree does not = job security or even the ability to get a job. What happens when you quit being a cunt for no reason? Nothing! AMAZING lol. 

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)