Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Going in public with your kids

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
  • 28 Replies
I dread going in public with my kids. I have a 10mo old, whom I nurse and a 22mo old. If they are both not crying, one of them is. Ive never had 1 time where there was no crying or screaming.

Do you dread leaving the house with your kids without back up?
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I did when DS was a baby. UGH. He didn't cry in the car, he SHRIEKED. And then he'd shriek in the store and shriek in the parking lot and ugh. I would have give just about anything to be able to take a trip to the store without him.

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Man I agree, its like a vacation when you go to the store alone

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

I did when DS was a baby. UGH. He didn't cry in the car, he SHRIEKED. And then he'd shriek in the store and shriek in the parking lot and ugh. I would have give just about anything to be able to take a trip to the store without him.

WendyJR
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Nope mine are really good when we go out. They have their moments from time to time-but they like going places and they know in order to keep going places they have to behave. They are 4&2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilTymomma
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Only have one is a hassle, but he loves being out. But I can see how hard it is for someone who has more than 1.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Right now the only time i have more than one child when running errands is when i am doing afterschool care.  Then it is a 5 yr old and 7 yr old dd.   I tell them the expectations i have when we are at a store and the potential reward they could earn.  I love our grocery stores give out free cookies or free fruit for the children, depending where you go.  That keeps their mouths busy from being negative.

HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

No.. But mine are 8 years apart..

Hugs momma

HLmom89
by on May. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Yes i do, more so with my 5year old than my 2.5year old. If both together its a pain in the butt cuz they are constantly fighting.

If i just have my 2.5year old, he is well behaved and will listen and help me. He will sit nicely in the cart, and we talk about what we need in the aisle or why mommy is at a dr. If at a apt he will sit down and eat a snack and not run over the room or climb under chairs.

My 5 year old will touch everything if he is not in a cart, he will run in different aisle. If i have to take just him to my ob or any apt he is touching every button, running in the waiting room, being loud or climbing on things.

If both are together i have one sitting in the seat of the cart, the other in the bucket, and my 5year old will bother my 2.5year old, which then starts a hitting war and screaming. If i have my 2.5year old in the seat and let my 5 year old walk along he is touching everything and my 2.5 year old is jealous that he cant walk along. If i take both to a apt they run like wild animals, loud, wont sit nice, screaming, fighting over crayons or books, or toys. Then once in the office they fight over chairs, or insist in opening drs drawers or test everything. My 5 year old mostly starts it
HopeJoyPeace1
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM

THEN DISCIPLINE THEM!

At some point you have to do it.. Or they will continue to make your life a living hell!

I know.. My now 10 year old was left to be a brat mostly cause he was an only child till 2 years ago..

I am paying for it..

Take it from me.. Stop it now.. It's harder at 10 than 5 or 2.. Cause my now 2 year old don't do it cause I busted him  the first time he did it..

kwim?

Quoting HLmom89:

Yes i do, more so with my 5year old than my 2.5year old. If both together its a pain in the butt cuz they are constantly fighting.

If i just have my 2.5year old, he is well behaved and will listen and help me. He will sit nicely in the cart, and we talk about what we need in the aisle or why mommy is at a dr. If at a apt he will sit down and eat a snack and not run over the room or climb under chairs.

My 5 year old will touch everything if he is not in a cart, he will run in different aisle. If i have to take just him to my ob or any apt he is touching every button, running in the waiting room, being loud or climbing on things.

If both are together i have one sitting in the seat of the cart, the other in the bucket, and my 5year old will bother my 2.5year old, which then starts a hitting war and screaming. If i have my 2.5year old in the seat and let my 5 year old walk along he is touching everything and my 2.5 year old is jealous that he cant walk along. If i take both to a apt they run like wild animals, loud, wont sit nice, screaming, fighting over crayons or books, or toys. Then once in the office they fight over chairs, or insist in opening drs drawers or test everything. My 5 year old mostly starts it

Click this siggy to check out my new BLOG!

HLmom89
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Oh trust me i have started with that now, beside the house rules for my 5year old i made last night and started it this morning i am
Going to make car rules and out in public for him, and whatever he breaks while out in public there is consequnces from time out to his fave toy taken away the rest of the day.

My 2.5year old will just get a time out when we get back as he wont quite understand like my 5year old

Quoting HopeJoyPeace1:

THEN DISCIPLINE THEM!

At some point you have to do it.. Or they will continue to make your life a living hell!

I know.. My now 10 year old was left to be a brat mostly cause he was an only child till 2 years ago..

I am paying for it..

Take it from me.. Stop it now.. It's harder at 10 than 5 or 2.. Cause my now 2 year old don't do it cause I busted him  the first time he did it..

kwim?

Quoting HLmom89:

momofsunshine77
by on May. 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

yes - my 4 yo does not listen and will run off and my 2 1/2 year old likes to scream if she does not get her way - like not sitting in the cart.  I hate it.  I tell my 4 yo that we dont go anywhere fun cuz she dont listen.  I wish I could take them places like the zoo or children's museum, but I am scared to cuz they misbehave so bad in the store. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)