Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a question.... just curious...

In your opinion, are their any different qualities, traits, characteristics etc. that divide a wife from a girlfriend?

If so, please describe....

** Some women get asked to get married multiple times... and some women NEVER. What makes a woman "WIFE MATERIAL"?

by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Replies (11-20):
proudmomncna87
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I agree and been both to gf is way easier thst paper changes things most of the time but u said my option

Quoting kidlover2:

I've been both and I am happier and more committed than a "girlfriend" then as a wife. Commitment is a heart issue, never a legal issue. I will eventually get married for my girls financial security, not because it changes how I feel or how we treat one another.

refogel
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I have been with my boyfriend for 14 years this year. Since I was 16. We won't get married. He is scared to get married, He says it will ruin our relationship. I just dont want to at this point in time. Even though we have been throu all that high school drama, We will eventually get married when our kids are adults. We do call eachother husband and wife.

countrymum0710
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I asked my husband this question
This is his response. He says as a wife. I take care of him and I love him for who I am. I don't try yo change him. I go to the ends of the earth for him. I am responsible enough to take care of our kids and raise them the way he wants them raised. I am responsible enough to be trusted with money and any big decisions.
He said as a wife he should be able to rely on that person to take care of things. Even if something happened to him he knows I would still operate our family the right way.

With a girlfriend. Shes there for company. She's fun and enjoys time with them but would never trust them enough yo be his life long partner.
He says when it comes to hardships in life a wife will stay with you and work with out through it. A gf wouldn't be reliable enough..

He's never had a gf he wanted to make his wife. They've never shown him that they were that type of material for him
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it has less to do with the girl and her "qualifications" and more with the type of man she attrats or is attracted to.
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't have to be married to have a life long comittiment.

Quoting kansasmom1978:

A wife takes that step to commitment. A wife vows a lifelong commitment. 

CafeMom Tickers
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

You were never his girlfriend?

Quoting countrymum0710:

This is his response. He says as a wife. I take care of him and I love him for who I am. I don't try yo change him. I go to the ends of the earth for him. I am responsible enough to take care of our kids and raise them the way he wants them raised. I am responsible enough to be trusted with money and any big decisions.
He said as a wife he should be able to rely on that person to take care of things. Even if something happened to him he knows I would still operate our family the right way.

With a girlfriend. Shes there for company. She's fun and enjoys time with them but would never trust them enough yo be his life long partner.
He says when it comes to hardships in life a wife will stay with you and work with out through it. A gf wouldn't be reliable enough..

He's never had a gf he wanted to make his wife. They've never shown him that they were that type of material for him

CafeMom Tickers
Lauren79
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Read a book recently that explained this from a man's perspective. Really opened my eyes. Steve Harvey's Think Like A Man. They turned it into a movie, but the book was good.

countrymum0710
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Of course I was. I have had 3 boyfriends in my life time. I wouldn't marry the other two so I left. My husband and I have been best friends for 13 years. Before we met. He was husband material so I said yes when he asked me 6 months into our relationship.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

You were never his girlfriend?

Quoting countrymum0710:

kansasmom1978
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

If your willing to have a life long commitment than there is no reason to NOT be married.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

kidlover2
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Other than financial... Why?

Quoting kansasmom1978:

If your willing to have a life long commitment than there is no reason to NOT be married.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN