Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I Called the Doctor and....

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 11 Replies
The line was busy. Have no clue why. Anyway, I have a quick question. Usually, I take my pill (Ortho Micronor - mini pill) at the EXACT same time every day. Today, I was on the phone when my alarm went off so I didn't hear it go off. I ended up taking my pill 20 minutes late. Now, every where I read it said that you have to take it at the same time every day since it's not as strong as the combination pill. My question is, will I be okay if I have sex?
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cassidysmom611
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I think there is probably a small "grace period". I think you will be okay. If you are worried just use back up bc.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM
We don't have anything for back up except just not having sex at all lol. Thanks!

Quoting Cassidysmom611:

I think there is probably a small "grace period". I think you will be okay. If you are worried just use back up bc.

bunnywzrd
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I think they told me when I was on it that it needed to be taken within the same hour every night. So you have about an hour grace period. You should be fine.

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Don't have sex til tomorrow. And take it on time tomorrow.
SJG1013
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this
the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
TheMommaJessie
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM

i never took the mini pill at the same time and had no issues but didnt have sex either because i was recovering from c-section and mini pill makes me bleed all the time no stop

crazymom21
by *giggle snort* on May. 23, 2013 at 3:24 PM
There's always a chance. You'll probably be fine but I wouldn't push it.
Momofmenagerie
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Yes, it's fine . If you read the pamphlet , it says if you forgot a pill, take it as soon as you remember . Do not double up.... Meaning if you miss the whole DAY, don't take two the next day.

If you miss a whole day, use another form of bc until your next pack, 20 mind late does not keep you from being " amourous"
:-)

I must say.... You are tons more careful that the rest of us who, we forget at seven am, we are totally calm about taking it at nine thirty!
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thanks!

Quoting bunnywzrd:

I think they told me when I was on it that it needed to be taken within the same hour every night. So you have about an hour grace period. You should be fine.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Thank you. I couldn't find my pamphlet. :/

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Yes, it's fine . If you read the pamphlet , it says if you forgot a pill, take it as soon as you remember . Do not double up.... Meaning if you miss the whole DAY, don't take two the next day.

If you miss a whole day, use another form of bc until your next pack, 20 mind late does not keep you from being " amourous"
:-)

I must say.... You are tons more careful that the rest of us who, we forget at seven am, we are totally calm about taking it at nine thirty!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)