Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

false positive?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 22 Replies
I took a pregnancy test the other day and it came back positive then i took another one last night that my boyfriend got from his friend " who is a doctor" and that one came back negative then i took another one this morning and it was positive again. What are the chances that the 2 positive home pregnancy test were wrong and the negative one was right? I should know for sure by tonight because i have a doctors apt at 5 but if the doctors test was negative last night than therevis a chance it will be today too if they use the same test
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adrianasmommy07
by Kristin on May. 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
False positives are uncommon. Testing first thing in the mornings gets the best results, if all else fails, just ask for a blood testfor the most accurate results
hailey-brendan
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks I will talk to them at the doctors tonight and see if they will do blood test
Goobieville
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
The pee stick tests that doctors offices use are not as sensitive as some of the drug store test. I tested neg with all three pregnancies on the doc test- all positives at home.

But a blood test is most accurate, as well as you period already being missed.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I agree with this!

Quoting adrianasmommy07:

False positives are uncommon. Testing first thing in the mornings gets the best results, if all else fails, just ask for a blood testfor the most accurate results

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Welcome! Hope you get the results you're looking for! Let us know!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on May. 24, 2013 at 10:26 AM

If its early the dr test might not pick up on it 

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

False positives are much more rare than a false negative! Also sounds like you were using your FMU with the positive ones. Sounds like you are pregnant!

momma_2013
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM
blood work hon!!!

Quoting hailey-brendan:

I took a pregnancy test the other day and it came back positive then i took another one last night that my boyfriend got from his friend " who is a doctor" and that one came back negative then i took another one this morning and it was positive again. What are the chances that the 2 positive home pregnancy test were wrong and the negative one was right? I should know for sure by tonight because i have a doctors apt at 5 but if the doctors test was negative last night than therevis a chance it will be today too if they use the same test

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nissadawn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM

when i was pregnant with my twins the test the doctors did in office came out negative and the one i had at the ER came out negative...yet i had 4 at home pregnacy test positive..so positive that the 2nd line shows as your peeing type positive...it was strange 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi there,
I agree with the others,
Blood work for sure.
Good luck & let us know ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)