Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Inboxdollars HELP!

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
So I signed up & clicked around & I see the money rising, but don't really understand what I'm doing. Can someone explain it to me? How long until the first check arrives?
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I have no idea what that is. 

AJsMom81507
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Inbox Dollars isn't a scam, but it isn't a very good way to make money online. The offers take forever to complete, and take a while to approve. It's hard to qualify for the surveys, and the ones that you can take daily take 20+ minutes to complete. Basically the site is paying you to sign up for tons of offers and trials that are going to take your email address and sell it to other companies that are going to fill your email inbox with tons and tons of spam.

The opportunities on the site to make more money, like a Stamps.com offer that pays a few dollars instead of 50 cents requires you to sign up with your credit card. There are other offers like this. All I can say is stay away from them. They are counting on you forgetting to cancel before your free membership is over and if you don't they charge you monthly, not to mention you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and get the run around while you attempt to cancel.

They also aren't offering and adding new opportunities every day. If you go through the site and accomplish most of the offers in the first few days, than you have basically already earned all you are going to and the site is no longer useful. You may be able to earn some money but it isn't any type of residual income.

They also have a referral program where you get paid for members that sing up underneath you, a percentage of what they earn. It isn't a lot, some extra change here and there. That is if you want to take the time to recruit people to the web site with your referral link. If you were to refer a couple hundred people, and half of them actually consistently attempted to make some money with the site, you may see some return on the referral program. But you would have to be continually recruiting people for this to last.

Yes Inbox Dollars does pay. Once you hit the minimum payout that is nearly impossible to reach and request the money, it takes six to eight weeks to get the money. I would not say this site is an effective or efficient way to make money online and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

cgarlic
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Thanks

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Inbox Dollars isn't a scam, but it isn't a very good way to make money online. The offers take forever to complete, and take a while to approve. It's hard to qualify for the surveys, and the ones that you can take daily take 20+ minutes to complete. Basically the site is paying you to sign up for tons of offers and trials that are going to take your email address and sell it to other companies that are going to fill your email inbox with tons and tons of spam.

The opportunities on the site to make more money, like a Stamps.com offer that pays a few dollars instead of 50 cents requires you to sign up with your credit card. There are other offers like this. All I can say is stay away from them. They are counting on you forgetting to cancel before your free membership is over and if you don't they charge you monthly, not to mention you have to jump through a bunch of hoops and get the run around while you attempt to cancel.

They also aren't offering and adding new opportunities every day. If you go through the site and accomplish most of the offers in the first few days, than you have basically already earned all you are going to and the site is no longer useful. You may be able to earn some money but it isn't any type of residual income.

They also have a referral program where you get paid for members that sing up underneath you, a percentage of what they earn. It isn't a lot, some extra change here and there. That is if you want to take the time to recruit people to the web site with your referral link. If you were to refer a couple hundred people, and half of them actually consistently attempted to make some money with the site, you may see some return on the referral program. But you would have to be continually recruiting people for this to last.

Yes Inbox Dollars does pay. Once you hit the minimum payout that is nearly impossible to reach and request the money, it takes six to eight weeks to get the money. I would not say this site is an effective or efficient way to make money online and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

RADmomma
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I can't find any sites that aren't bs
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Inbox Dollars is crappy.
C8linVilla
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:46 PM

you gotta get $20 or $25 before they will cash you out. i THINK you can use paypal if notthe check takes 2-3 weeks. I never got cashed out after like 8 months i FINALLY got the minimum and they refused to pay me. cant remember why now but hate that site lol

C8linVilla
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I use one that pays you to post reviews, tell about businesses, post recipes and more. then you get paid for clicks, likes and comments others leave. I run a freebie page so i just plan to do reviews on those. Its super easy i signed up yesterday and already have $7 payout is $25 but 2 of my friends make $35 and $50 a week doing this site. takes me about 10 min to do 4 reviews. might be something your interested in? each one has to be 400 words. i even wrote about what i did that day and got paid! super easy

Quoting RADmomma:

I can't find any sites that aren't bs

CafeMom Tickers
thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 23, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Not sure anymore. I quit messing with it for a few months and when I decided to go back to it it had reset everything, took away everything I had earned. Didn't want to mess with it anymore. I just do Swagbucks. I'd do other things but don't feel like devoting that much of my time, surveys are nervewracking enough as it is, LOL.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 23, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Once you reach $40 or more you are able to request a payment.  I did mostly the emails and it took me forever to get to $40.  I haven;t done it since.  I had no interest in joining a bunch of things and paying to play the games.  I tried the surveys, but I did not 'qualify' for most of them.

mysticatgal
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Try Odesk. You have to do actual work not just surveys but you can earn money from home
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)