Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Boy Scouts vote to end ban on gay youth members - good idea?

Posted by   + Show Post

Today, the Boy Scouts of America, decided to break 103 years of tradition by allowing openly gay members into its ranks.

Do you think it's about time or a bad idea? 

by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
jhslove
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I think it's about time.

I'm sure there are some who will disagree, and they have every right to choose not to participate in or support the Boy Scouts anymore.

jomami
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

So true! There have been countless stories of the horrors....

Quoting berlgirl1224:

This. And seriously... How many men, gay or not (pedos) are already leaders?

Quoting L202M:

I think it's insulting to say that an openly gay kid can join but an openly gay man cannot be a scout master.  They are insinuating that gay men are automatically pedophiles too.

mommy2boys03
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I think it's about time but they still have a ways to go.  I hope they soon will completely join us in 2013.

BraydensMama163
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Because of this vote my son will stay in.

After earlier this year leaving a troop to because they told us we were going to hell for.supporting gays
We found a troop who welcomed us with opened arms and said a prayer thanking god for bringing us to them. They respected us and were proud of us for standing up for ourselves. I don't care about other troops, pack 300 is a great pack and we will stay with them.
first-one
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

I think it's a bad idea.  Why should we support what is a sexual devience.  Gay is wrong.  I don't care what you non Christians think.  I don't hate gays.  It's one thing to say your gay. But it becomes a sin when you act out on being gay.   Being gay is an abomination.  I lost respect for the Girl Scouts when they started accepting openly gay leaders.  Now I may loose my respect for the Boy Scouts also.  Bash me all you want.  I don't care.  I am not afraid to stand up for what goes with my Christian. Catholic by denomination beliefs.   I'm glad they still are not allowing openly gay leaders. 

Omg, what century are you living in???  Who died and made you god?  Fairly certainly I've heard he's the only one who can judge....

was2now3
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Good
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Same, Ds can do campfire.

Quoting tifferie:

Exactly. Still not letting my son join.

Quoting momdoes:

Dont matter to me but I will say that they are allowing SCOUTS who are OPENLY gay in, Adults who are openely gay are not allowed. That's some shit.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I LOL at her, because there is an openly gay person in the catholic community. If the pope is going to let a priest be openly gay why can't she finally just accept it already?

Quoting first-one:

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

I think it's a bad idea.  Why should we support what is a sexual devience.  Gay is wrong.  I don't care what you non Christians think.  I don't hate gays.  It's one thing to say your gay. But it becomes a sin when you act out on being gay.   Being gay is an abomination.  I lost respect for the Girl Scouts when they started accepting openly gay leaders.  Now I may loose my respect for the Boy Scouts also.  Bash me all you want.  I don't care.  I am not afraid to stand up for what goes with my Christian. Catholic by denomination beliefs.   I'm glad they still are not allowing openly gay leaders. 

Omg, what century are you living in???  Who died and made you god?  Fairly certainly I've heard he's the only one who can judge....

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I did not die and become God.  No I cannot judge.  Or I shall be judged. But I stand true to the teachings of bible. That say it is not ok to be gay.  I will never support the lifestyle.  In the end. God will judge those who did not live up to his teachings through Jesus Christ. Including myself.  He will give fair punishment for the way they lived.  You all can go on believing anything you want is ok.  But someone dare go against your beliefs. You all want to bash.  We need to respect each others beliefs. As I don't care what you all believe in.  I just stated how I believe.  Because the title of the post was asking if we felt it was a good idea.  I said no. Then stated why I felt no. 

Quoting first-one:

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

jojo_star
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Good idea! Ending hate, discrimination, and bigotry is always a good idea! Now, all they need to do is stop discriminating against leaders based on sexuality, and I might actually consider letting my boys join, if they wanted to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)