Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy spiders bat man!!! **warning - pic**

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:27 AM
  • 0 Replies

OK - this is officially the ONE thing I don't like about living here...the bugs are all 'super-sized".

I went in to my 16 yr old daughter's bedroom to ask her something.  She nonchalantly motioned to something on her wall saying "see - I told you there was a big spider in my room".  I look over and there is a HUGE spider at the top-edge of her wall in the corner.  It's legs were about 2 inches long and the body was round and flat.  We quickly got her guinea pig out of the bedroom so we could spray poison on the spider....though it jumped at the first touch of the spray.  We managed to trap it under a metal trash can and get it outside to kill it (didn't want to chance it ever finding its way back inside).  

DD told us on Tuesday morning that she had seen a huge spider in her room but that it had vanished.  W got home from a long trip late Monday night and I assumed she had seen a small spider but it 'looked' huge because she was so tired.  Guess I was wrong.  What freaks me out is that that THING was in our hous for AT LEAST 3 days.  Yuck!  I have the heebie-jeebies now.

here is a picture of it I took really quickly -- the camera didn't really focus well so it is fuzzy....but the spider started walking and we didn't want it to get away.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)