Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You left a stranger in my home?!?!? WWYD? (PIOG)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
  • 10 Replies

A friend that i have known for years (10 yrs) ...came over to visit today..not a problem.

Well her roomate called her and asked what she was doing, she told her...the roomate asked if her and her boyfriend were welcomed.

My friend asked and me and SO said it wasn't a problem. 

We have met the room mate , we have NOT met the boyfriend before.

So her roomate and BF get here...and not even 5 minutes later i look up and the friend and roomate are gone! I ask where they went and the guys said ' i think they went out into the hallway' (we live in an apartment) ...i look out in the hallway and didn't see them. 

So i sit back down, and continue to watch the show..SO is sort of talking to the BF, but the BF was on his phone...not a problem. 

about 10 minutes later i go to check again where they are...i open the door to the roomate and friend coming back in, i just looked at my friend and sternly told her ' don't ever leave a stranger in my home again!' 

My friend looked at me in shock and said 'sorry she just had to talk to me about something' ...

I don't really care if i over reacted or not , i found it rude as all heck! (not only to myself and SO, but to the BF as well)

I don't know this guy ..but i was trusting that because my friend knew him that he was alright...but that doesn't mean she should leave him here with us without even a word that they were leaving! 

What would you have done?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I'd have done the same. It IS rude to leave this guy with you, both rude to you and rude to him. You didn't know him, he didn't know you, and they just ducked out? Not cool at all.

**Let it all out ANONYMOUSLY!**

Thunderbug75
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM

You were right.  They were wrong!

jb0520
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Oh i completely agree with you!
GunnyGirlTN
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I would be pissed off!
thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I would have been ticked too.

Two_Hearts
by on May. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting bamababe1975:

I'd have done the same. It IS rude to leave this guy with you, both rude to you and rude to him. You didn't know him, he didn't know you, and they just ducked out? Not cool at all.

**Let it all out ANONYMOUSLY!**

Thats what i was thinking , i mean...it would have been a completly different story if we had at least met him once ..but he had been in my home for not even 15 minutes. 

Arwyn724
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You handled it nicer than I would have.  They were wrong. Unless they were discussing the dude, they should have asked both you & him if ducking out for a few was OK.  At the very least, you should have been asked.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

You did exactly right. They were wrong for leaving you alone with a stranger, whether they knew him or not, you didn't.

rhiannonaisling
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
The same.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)