Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who was in the delivery room or will be in the delivery room?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 122 Replies
3 moms liked this

My MIL wants to be in the delivery room and I say NO WAY!!

sticking out tongue

by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
My husband and mom for the first two. and just my husband for the 3rd :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Brittany on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Mine did too but knowing her she would take pictures of me.down there and show them to everyone she meets. She takes pics of.everything and has no shame lol. Yeah she was not going in there...it was just hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica45
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

With DD1 while I was in the labor DH & my mom were in the room.  My sister came for the last couple hours I was in labor too.  When it was time to actually deliver my Mom & Sister went in the hall and waited outside of the door so it was just me & dh.  Once DD was born and we had a few minutes alone with her they came back into the room.

With DD2 it was just DH & I the whole time.  My sister had to work and my Mom had to take care of DD1 so they couldn't be there again.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
DH with all three.
jplumb
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
For ds1, it was my mil and Dh(my mom was suppose to be there but she "couldn't" make it). When I had dd1, it was mil and a friend that drove me to the hospital(Dh was in tech school and arrived about 3 hours after she was born). Dd2 I had Dh, a doula and a friend. Ds2 was only Dh in the room.
squeakers2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
With my first, my DF, his son (3 at the time), and my mom. With my second, my DF and my mom. My MIL was in the hall. I had wanted my MIL, daughter, and SS in the room also, but the hospital only allowed 2 people and no children under 12. She told my mom to stay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gammie
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Just my dh but the waiting room was full of family, I had twins. My dd only wanted her dh to be with her I was disappointed but I got over it when my grandson was born :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToolArmy066
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
My mom and dh were in the room when i ds. Even though i get along great with my mil, i wouldn't be comfortable with it. She also respected me and didn't ask to be in the room either.
proudmomncna87
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Just the fathers, i didntveven want my mom in thier seeing me like that im not a baby she changed diapers but im grown so me i dudnt want no one but got me in there in the first place and i wouldnt let either fathers mom in the room
bclassybutsassy
by New Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

NO NO, I had my husband (of the time) and my mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)