Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So, I was on Cafe Mom last night when.....

Just got on Cafe mom last night, reading a post when my computer desk and chair, and the whole house for that matter, start shaking and I felt so dizzy I had an instant panic attack.. EARTH QUAKE! Husband was asleep on the couch, and nothing can wake that man up, so he didn't feel it, kids were jumping on the bed, so of course they didn't feel it either and I thought I might be going crazy till my sister text me, she lives 2 hours away, and they felt it too! I have lived in Northern California for almost 27 years now and that was the first, and hopefully last, earthquake I have ever felt.. It was such a sick feeling, like you are really dizzy almost...yuck yuck yuck.. Anyone else in Cali feel it?? I am in Rio Linda (Sacramento Area) and my sister is further North in Chico, and it was worse there, all her pictures were banging around on her walls.. This really doesn't help with my anxiety!!

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Replies (11-12):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

We have had minor quakes here and only i feel them.   It is fun to watch the cat race around before it happens.

ashboot
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
We are home visiting in Browns Valley and felt it. Kind if a crazy end to a long day of traveling on the train.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

An old friend of mine is in Wheatland and was pretty freaked by it. I haven't lived in NorCal in about 12 years :( I miss it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)