Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 1/2 year old girl with breast buds- Nervous Mom!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hello, I am so nervous. My 4 1/2 year old little girl has breast buds. She was complaining of her nipples being sore. She has a dr. appt today but I am just so nervous. I hope she is ok. Have any of you experienced this?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyMica
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Sending well wishes your way for the doctors appointment!
Hermom1213
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Thank you. I needed that. I have a gut feeling she is ok but she is my only child so I just cant shake the feeling. I developed early (Breast by 8 and period at 9). I am just hoping she doesnt have any serious medical issue.

andreamarie
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Good luck at your dr. appointment. Ive never seen a child that young developing.

nissadawn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM

it isnt entierly uncommon, yes she is young and what causes it is hormones....which at her age could be one or two things..genetics or being over weight...if she isnt over weight you should ask the moms and grandma's in the family if any of the girls did the same thing as far as develop[ing early so you know what to expect...on the flips side to that if a child is over weight fat produces hormones and can cause young girls to develop and have thier period very young as a posibility side effect. 

Hermom1213
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

i was wearing a bra in 2nd grade and started my period in third grade.

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Whats a breast bud
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Check the hormones in your food as well for something that could add to early development.  What is her diet like  cow's milk as well as soymilk has hormones in it.    I think most organic cow's milk does not though nor almond/hemp/rice.

sarahsmommy430
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Aw bless her heart so young to be dealing with this, my now 10yo has already been thru full blown puberty started development at 6 :( its the hormones in food!! That's exactly what our Dr said. Thinking of u and yours <3
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Welcome to the group,
Please let us know what the doctor has to say.
Good thoughts ;)

luvtohunt
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
mines did too at 4. she is 5 now and they are growing, just slow. thankgoodness. I was the same way though and had a bra in first grade. I started my period at 9
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)