Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tension headaches

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 3 Replies
So after a car accident in 2010 I started getting tension headaches. At first they were nothing I could sleep and be okay. Now its to the point where I can't even move my hair or touch my scalp. I've been really thinking about cutting it. But I REALLY REALLY love my long hair. I have thick thick hair, other then straightening it everyday, because it does help, is there a hair cut that could help me keep the length but lighten the load lol.

I'll add a pic in reply's to show my hair length and natural style.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:35 PM

nissadawn
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Sounds to me you could be having issues in your neck from having whiplash in the wreck after 8 years i still find that i have issues off and onafter i got rearended  but depending on how i feel i either go to a day spa and have my neck shoulders rubbed really good or see a chiropractor to get an adjustment every 3 or 4 months.....also i started clentching my jaw after the wreck while i was driving which did not help the headaches at all...... Also look at the pillow you sleep with and while good and awake lay down and see just how much support it is giving your neck....i went from having an obsesion to having really soft fluffy pillow to having to get one of those that have the bump for neck support

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 1:57 PM
A lot of what you talked about is exactly me.
I've been to chiropractor it was good for my neck and upper back but caused me HUGE amount of pain in my kidneys. I want to see a massage therapist. So chiropractor won't work for me it mess' too much with the spine in relation to my kidneys. :(

Quoting nissadawn:

Sounds to me you could be having issues in your neck from having whiplash in the wreck after 8 years i still find that i have issues off and onafter i got rearended  but depending on how i feel i either go to a day spa and have my neck shoulders rubbed really good or see a chiropractor to get an adjustment every 3 or 4 months.....also i started clentching my jaw after the wreck while i was driving which did not help the headaches at all...... Also look at the pillow you sleep with and while good and awake lay down and see just how much support it is giving your neck....i went from having an obsesion to having really soft fluffy pillow to having to get one of those that have the bump for neck support

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)