Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A Question for those that have someone that is Deployed or that has been

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter has a school project where she has to send a care package to a soldier that is delpoyed. He is asking for snacks, good coffee and pots and pans. What are some snacks your person misses or that would be good to ship? Also what are some other things that he would need? 

Thank you for the ideas. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

by on May. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM

My DH always asks for chocolate. We haven't had problems with it melting. It's been in every package I've sent to him. He also requests peanuts and almonds, granola bars. I also let DS (6) pick out things from the dollar bins at target to send him. This last package we sent him has water guns and some other things. We've sent him a nerf gun as well. 

nissadawn
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

In my case it was mostly AA and sometimes AAA ..... They used them in things like personal razors, mp3 players, remotes, digital cameras ect ect

Quoting smenjivar:

So everyone pretty much is saying batteries. What size are most needed?

Quoting nissadawn:

the biggest request ive had from family deployed was things like bug repellant, chapstick or carmex, sunscreen, batteries, and little travel type games or anything to help pass the time that is on the small side..

As far as snacks go it can be anything so long as it doesnt melt in high heat...also alot like the crystal light, milo, ect ect any of those things that you can add to water for flavor

Piskie
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Jerky is good.... Anything that flavours water... Foot care items... Those solid shampoo in tins from lush... Those are perfect. They stay dry, they're small, and having clean hair feels good when everything else is grubby lol..
Lip balm.... And nail varnish. Can't tell you how wonderful it is for the women out there to get nail varnish. They can feel feminine for a while.
colins_mom
by Heather on May. 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM
you can get a list of recommend and allowed items at the poat office :)

I used to send my brothers gram crackers and frosting for their birthdays lol. (they could build a cake lol) my brothers liked gold fish crackers, Crystal light packets, socks and stuff like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)