Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 10 Replies
Thank you for inviting me to the group. Even though my children are of college aged I still am a mom. I have been home with my three children for many years now. I do find that when they reach high school there are a whole set of other issues with parenting. I look forward to meeting other moms too!!
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom_dl6
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Welcome to the group Momma !

T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Hi! Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Do any of them still live at home?
Nice to meet you :)

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Welcome to the group!!!  Since you are experienced with older children, do you have any words of wisdom for those of us who are coming up on the teen years?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi there!  I have an older child as well, there are moms of all kinds here so you'll fit in just fine. :)

Quoting ginamarie67:

Thank you for inviting me to the group. Even though my children are of college aged I still am a mom. I have been home with my three children for many years now. I do find that when they reach high school there are a whole set of other issues with parenting. I look forward to meeting other moms too!!

ginamarie67
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Yes, my youngest son is in the 11th grade.   My oldest son and my daughter come home from college on the vacations.  All still at home with us. 

Gina M. Whalen

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Nice that you're older ones visit home on vacations ;)

Quoting ginamarie67:

Yes, my youngest son is in the 11th grade.   My oldest son and my daughter come home from college on the vacations.  All still at home with us. 

ginamarie67
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Yes... my advice to the mommies coming up on the teen years it can be very trying. They are feeling their oats, boyfriends, girlfriends. the whole drug issue and well that word we hope our kids stay away from sex.  I suggest keeping an open mind, have lots of patience, and talk with your children about all of these issues.  Let them know that you and your husbands will be there for them. I always kept and open line of communication with my kids.  They always talked to us about any issues that they have.  I felt that this would be better for them in the long run.  Oh and I forgot to mention I did a lot of praying when they went out. 

Gina M. Whalen

ginamarie67
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Yes my husband and I enjoy it very much.  I think I did too good of a job being a mommy.  They dont want to leave home.  My older boy just got a baseball scholarship to the University at Bridgeport Conneticut.  I think this may help him venture out into the world now and begin exploring his life. 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Yup you are! I live in an emptynest in Mi! I am on here a lot! =) Welcome!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)