Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is school worth it?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

Box Tops for education! 

Go here, https://www.facebook.com/BoxTopsForEducation/app_367976259968602 like the page, and search for your school. If you want (PRETTY PLEASE!) Search for IONE OLSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (zipcode 93933) and the school receives 5 box tops! We are trying to raise enough money to hire an art teacher next year (music, PE and art were cut). We already fund the entire music program, including the music teacher's salary, exclusively through box tops. We are trying so hard to add an art teacher too! Its difficult, and expensive!

Random act of kindness for memorial day! Each click is worth .50 cents! Come on! CM could fund our art teacher in a matter of minutes!

PRETTY PLEASE! It will not show your name, or FB page. It is completely private!

**********So it says not compatible on mobile devices. SORRY!

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We just turned in all our box tops for our school to help with their funding.  We also accept labels for education.

aj23
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Does the school do the Terracycle program?
My sons school does it and the box tops and they bring in twice as much with Terracycle.
Djinn83
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I have no idea what that is. Thanks, I'll look it up!

Quoting aj23:

Does the school do the Terracycle program?
My sons school does it and the box tops and they bring in twice as much with Terracycle.

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

trainlady
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM

What kind of box tops? You didn't say what that was. Different schools collect different box tops. One school here in Illinois collects the pull tabs on aluminum soda cans. There is always something that people throw away without thinking that could very well benefit some school somewhere.

To add a piece here that just gets my goat. We are sending millions of dollars overseas that never gets to the places it was sent too and our chidlren here do without PE, art, music or some other thing that is vital to their lives and education. Keep our tax money here for ours first, then if there is any left over share with others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)