Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hulu or netflix

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

Which is better netflix or hulu? I have had netflix for a long time but hulu plus has the current season of tv shows which i love right now. Which one do you like more?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Raven
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Netflix's I think is better then hulu.
nazgor
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I have both. I like Netflix more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I have both, but Netflix is better with the movies.

kenleespice
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I had them both.hulu is ok but after a couple months I canceled it and just kept Netflix and upgraded to the DVD plan along with the streaming

Mamamanic
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I was wondering about Hulu plus, I have netflix and love the Just for Kids tab. My kids like the format the Just for Kids has also. It does more auto play to next episodes and they like that.  They hate when I leave it on regualr Netflix.

xLilBit22
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Netflix is better my opinion
vicky33006
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I have both and definitely prefer Netflix. I do use Hulu for the more current episodes, but 90% of the time we use Netflix. Also... I was in the middle of watching this past season of Private Practice on hulu and the other day they just took it off. I didn't like that at all.
LynnVA
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:53 AM

This is an easy one for me....I use to have netflix and my biggest complaint about them is that they don't "refresh" their content quickly enough for me, I personally feel like the streaming netflix is a complete waste of money after about 60 days,  and with the addition of Redbox to the mix, I feel like their monthly subscription to get a certain amount of DVDs each month is a waste as well.  (Redbox even regularly sends me free codes to use for rentals, so I basically can rent a movie from Redbox for free about 4-6 times per month)

Now for the Hulu- we have Hulu Plus and we absolutely love it. Value is great for what you get and of course you can't beat the updated content!

I will tell you a few more that are fast becoming my favorites as well:

Amazon Prime- This is so worth the $79 Anual investment especially if your family does regular movie nights. This is worth checking in to and they offer a FREE 30 day trial so you can try it before you buy it.  I hightly reccommend Amazon Prime

(We have Roku Box and have had it since December of 2012- we bought it as a family holiday gift for ourselves....best investment we have ever made, we did away with cable completely! Saving so much money that I am mad that we didn't find this Roku sooner)

Okay now if you have a Roku box I would like to also suggest the channel called "Play On", it is a paid channel but right now it's only $39.95 for a lifetime subscription......we love it...definitely one to look at before you make any final decisions.  But I will tell you that it sure is nice to NOT have a cable bill, the rates just kept going up at the same time they were deleting channels from the "lineup".

Sorry this is so long, I am obviously very opinionated on this subject!  Hope this helps you decide.

cox3
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:38 PM
We have both. No cable or satellite. Have saved a bunch
BoxxyBabee
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Hulu
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)