Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Chore ideas

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
What are some good chores for a 7 year old? And how many should I give him? He already has one feed cat.
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Mine has to every day - clean up his toys, pack his backpack with homework and karate uniform for the next day, clean up the dog toys. Once a week he has to clean his bedroom, bathroom, help with laundry, and help me make one dinner. He can do common area chores for extra pocket money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cgarlic
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I have an almost 9 yr old & a 12 year old (also almost 2 yr old).

The older two have to clear table after dinner, sweep floor, load/unload dishwasher, take out scraps, trash/recycling. 9 y/o also has a rabbit she has to feed. We are staying with relatives right now, but when we move this summer they will also be responsible for folding & putting away their own laundry & keeping their rooms clean.

The youngest has to help clean up her toys & also likes putting clothes in dryer so we let her help
Mamamanic
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Start with self regulating things like put your dish in the sink or rinse and place in dishwasher. My 2 girls even take care of their bathroom and clean it. i might have to clean certain parts a little better, but they clear the counter and put things away. And wash the counter, mirrors, bathtub, toilet. They pick up floors which is usually their trash or toys. My 6yr old can sort trash, toys, and clothes off her floor or other floors. You have to start by having them focus on one thing like pick up all trash, shoes, now toys until they learn to to do independently. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)