Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Thinking of taking my 2 dd's to the Ringling Bros Circus. I don't know how we have never gone. My dad used to take us all the time. Is it still a awesome show????

by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mamamanic
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Not as many animals, that does not sound good! 

Quoting hburnette3:

I took dd a couple of years ago.  It's not as good as when I was a child.  (15 years ago) 

There were fewer animals.  safety reasons and PETA I'm sure.  eye rolling

3_girls_86
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Never been to it. They don't come to my town. But this made me think of the movie water for elephants.
Mamamanic
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

In the Phoenix area.  The $5 off code is TRAPEZE. Wed Jun 26th is opening night. 50% off

Quoting Tipsen:

Where do you live? It is coming to us too and I am debating on going

squeekers
Today at 1:17 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I find circus high wire acts too terrifying to watch. I'm more of a zoo/sea worldtype person. cuts down on panic attacks.

sweeteysmc
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I went this year in Atlanta it was amazing def take them they will love it watch out for the toy vendors when you walk in though have you pay 20 for a cheap light saber get them some glow sticks before you go and put them in your purse

Grillito
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Me too

I don't agree whit PETA though, but there's nothing fun in seeing a circus animal, it makes me so sad

Quoting mom_dl6:

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

We refuse to do circuses that have animals.. :/ Call me a super PETA animal lover.. but there's nothing fun or cool about the way the animals are treated in most cases.

I totally agree !

ScrChk23
by Amanda on May. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I have not gone, but go ahead and take her.

kevinzwifey
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I wont take my kids to the circus, The Animals are treated very bad and My Money wont contribute to that!

goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Totally dont do em if they have animals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DropZoneMom
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM

It IS!!!  My kids both loved it.

And, BTW -- circuses are MUCH better regulated than they used to be (especially a huge, well-known one like Barnum & Bailey -- which can't afford bad publicity).    The animals are NOT poorly treated.   The circuses invest far too much money in them to risk their health & safety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)