Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ready for the older days or can wait a lil longer!

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

me and my fiance had this conversation of am i ready to see our kids grow up! i quickly responded "hell no" he said he was. i feel im not ready to get them out my eye sight. i like my babies at the stage there at. sometimes its stressful because they are dependent on certain things like fixing food and doing there hair. but i enjoy it, im not ready for puberty yet. my fiance is ready for them to be more independent so we would have more time to us! he feels im to protective. i dont think so! is there any other mom's who feel the same or agree with my fiance?

by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM

How old are they?   Girls always want their mommy to fix their hair and make their favorite foods.  DD is 7 so we celebrate each step of independence she gains due to delays.  She is also in school all day so that is our "us " time if we want it.

Mommylovesdada
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
My two big kids are 9&6 and its great! They still want mommy but the are independent. Right now I can't wait for my 18 mo to be like them but I know when the time comes I'll miss her being little. Parenting is bittersweet
misstweety777
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

i have two and one on the way. my oldest is 5 1/2 and my baby girlis 3 3/4. and 8 weeks! i love kids. but im just not so ready to see them leave me and become teens and become rebelious against me. im just not ready for that like my fiance is.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You have a long while for full independence then.  Right now they are old enough to start learning life skills and you can start over with the new baby for needing you completely.  We love to take care of them but we need to be wary of hampering their growth and not letting them become who they are supposed to be.

Quoting misstweety777:

i have two and one on the way. my oldest is 5 1/2 and my baby girlis 3 3/4. and 8 weeks! i love kids. but im just not so ready to see them leave me and become teens and become rebelious against me. im just not ready for that like my fiance is.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM

We all wish they would stay little. But they do keep growing. Enjoy them while you can!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Mine are 7 6 3 and one on the way got a long way to go before they are all grown up it already I know that letting go is harder on mommy than anyone else but we have to for their sake
Mamamanic
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine are now at the older kid ages, not teens, but lower and middle elementary and it is a whole other set of things I'm telling you. The independence does not always mean easier. Think about it, they get their own things out of fridge, leave them, you are constantly on them. They have an opinion about clothes, just had a 15 min drive with dd upset because I could not find her other simsuit and I brought one she didn't like. It was still fairly new, bought at the end of last swim season and fit fine, my SIL even thought it was fine. She was bawling like a baby when we pulled up for te pool party, geshhhh! Had a good time regardless though LOL. 

sweeteysmc
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Maybe he is hinting he wants some quality time with there mom. Have a date night lol

misstweety777
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Quoting sweeteysmc:

Maybe he is hinting he wants some quality time with there mom. Have a date night lol

we have date night very week when the kids are away with grandparents for the weekend before the baby comes. but i think its something else but havent put the finger on it. YET!

christitaylor
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I am ready for mine to be alittle bit more older so me and my husband can spend more time alone, mine are 10, 8, & 7.  My 10 and 8 yr olds can make their own microwave food so far. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)