Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Creepy and I'm the only one awake

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:00 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I couldn't figure out what this smell was a little while ago before the girls went to bed. I thought one of them had gone potty or something. I just went into the back of the house again and realized it smells like a cigar. There are no cigars in my house and my dad used to smoke them and has been passed on since 2007. We also live in the same family house I grew up in. 

by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Jasmlpr
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
That is very creepy. I would not be as brave as you are. The family would be awoken.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:06 AM
A bit on the creepy side for sure
Adela0309
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Probably there is not smoking allowed wherever your dad is, so he just came to have a smoke and visit you. I would be glad if I could smell my dad's cigar again.
Have a good and peaceful night.
allornone
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM

That's cool. If you are comfortable just say hi.  He may sense that you needed him or wanted you to know he is still with you.

deadlights86
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Aww I wish my Grandma would come say hi. I have a coat of hers but her perfume has long since faded away. I would be really happy to smell it around me.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Hmm  I wonder why he feels the need to check on you right now.   Once in awhile  I smell perfumes from my past.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Occasionally I will smell my grandmother's perfume, Tabu. I figured its just an olfactory memory. But for cigarettes or cigars, I can occasionally smell smoke in my house, and we don't smoke, have lived here for ten yrs, but the previous owner smoked, and I think sometimes it must seep out from the walls or wood floors, and no one else smells it but .me.
malibucj
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Post this is the Psychi Realm or the the Haunted Realm.

LDavis33
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I always feel comforted when I smell cigars. Reminds me that my Grandpa is watching over us.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)