Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My Mom bragging moment!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

So I have to brag about my 4yr old. All of my children are unbelievably quite intelligent and talk like little Einsteins. My Son has a mild form of Autism and has another year and a few months before starting Kinder but this boy since 3yrs old had academic placement levels at 1st grade levels which the Psychologist who did his testing told me. More specifically, although intelligent in everything he does, he really excels and has a fascination with numbers. He is doing addition and can add sums past 10 in his head without manipulatives, counts by 10's forward and backward, and up to 100 and all of this forward and backward. His Preschool Teacher told me he knows more than the Kinder kids next door to them. Its amazing to watch his little mind work. He still has some work ahead of him because his behavior at times can be challenging but I'm alot more hopeful for his future than I was just 2yrs ago. I always worried he'd never be able to hold a job, or get married, or make friends but he really is in a classroom with a teacher who really cares and makes such a difference in his life! I can never thank her enough!!
by on May. 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:29 AM

May all teachers in the future be as compassionate as his current one.   

Diana_B.
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Bump
KyBugsMommy815
by on May. 27, 2013 at 6:08 AM
I hope he always has good teachers who want to help him succeed! I know when I was in school the teacher made all the difference as to how hard I tried.
He's a cutie, by the way! I lol'ed at that silly face!
jconney80
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Thats awesome! My son is very similar to yours. He's DX with ASD but he's very gifted and intelligent. I hope your son continues to get great teachers in the future. I'm sure our boys will do great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)