Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

birthday planning!

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

DS one is turning 5 this July, and he wants a super hero theme for his party, the super hero who wears his undies over his pants! to be specific, talking about Super Man LOL. Now. i am limited on cash i have to spend for this party, so i will be doing dollar store decorations, because they have all the colors possible, and i think some yellow red and blue streamers will fit. i was just wondering if anyone has got any ideas on how i can make the party LOOK super man themed, without spending the fortune of buy super man things!? ANY ideas!

by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

You have the right idea with the streamers in red, yellow and blue from the dollar store. They also have balloons and paper plates/napkins in those colors as well.

You can make cupcakes and dye the icing red and blue to frost them with. Then use a yellow piping icing to make the triangle with the S on the cupcakes.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

You can make lots of stuff at home, go to Pinterest and type in superman party.

CafeMom Tickers
MommaH4
by on May. 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i did not think of the cupcake thing! perfect idea! thank you!!

Quoting Reina13:

You have the right idea with the streamers in red, yellow and blue from the dollar store. They also have balloons and paper plates/napkins in those colors as well.

You can make cupcakes and dye the icing red and blue to frost them with. Then use a yellow piping icing to make the triangle with the S on the cupcakes.

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Goody bag

VG74
by on May. 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Maybe you can find a poster of Superman and shade out the big S on his chest, then make a bunch of S's and have the kids play Put the S on Superman. Or maybe have all the guest dress up as their favorite super hero?
Reina13
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM

You are welcome. You should take pics of what you do and post pictures so we can all see what you did!! Good luck. Im sure he is going to have a wonderful party.

Quoting MommaH4:

Quoting Reina13:

MommaH4
by on May. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM

i will! thank you so much!

Quoting Reina13:

You are welcome. You should take pics of what you do and post pictures so we can all see what you did!! Good luck. Im sure he is going to have a wonderful party.

Quoting MommaH4:

Quoting Reina13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)