Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Seven Year Old's and Booster Seats?!

Posted by   + Show Post

Is your seven year old still in a booster seat? We're debating on if my daughter was ready to be out of hers...Thanks!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (61-70):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM

It is the law here the minimum age to be out of a booster is 8 years old, minimum height is 4'9 and minimum weight is 80 lbs....... DD is 7 and no where near the height/weight.  We did however promote her to a backless booster from a high back booster.

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
90% of the time. All the time until 7.5. He turns 8 next month and he's already 4'9", he fits the seatbelt perfect in my neighbor's van so he rides in there without a booster for the short carpool to the bus stop. But most 7 year olds should still be in a booster. DS is really tall for his age.
MOMMYSLOVE13
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Mine is

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Yep. My 7 & 8 year olds are using no back boosters.

MariannLws
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Our 8 year old is still uses a booster seat. She is pretty small for her age. She may be using a booster until she is 10 or older. 

sweet.lil.mama.
by on May. 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
They will be til 8 or 4'9".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PlaysAllDay
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Yes, the weight limit is 120.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Do you have an extended weight seat? Most of the ones that I have seen stop at 100 lbs for weight. 

Quoting PlaysAllDay:

My 8yo, 105#, 4'8 child is still in a booster. More than size matters. Sure she's huge but the seatbelt doesn't sit on her neck right yet. She'll be in a booster for a while. My 32# 6 yo Is still in a 5pt harness.

luzianagurl
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM

if he didn't have the seatbelt issue where it would go across his chest instead of his neck then my almost 9 yr old would be out of his but til then

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Of course. Law is 8yrs old but she'll be in it until the seat belt fits properly.
momto3infl
by Ruby Member on May. 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

No my kids were out by 5-6yr of age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)