Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP

Posted by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 24 Replies
Hi all I'm new here and seriously need help,advice! Our 12yr old daughter is totally out of control screaming at me and her stepdad! She also throws things at me! I tell her this behavior is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it at all! I have taken away her iPod,texting privalages,grounded her.Spanking is not an option in our home. Please any advice will be greatly appriciated
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Strip her room of nothing but a bed with a pillow and blanket. Make her earn everything else back.

Unless of course there's a serious reason for her acting out. Then you'll have to work that out first.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

There are a few options still.  You could have her write sentences 50 times the behavior you want her to choose rather than the negative choices.   Take her to the doctor and a child behaviorist as well.  Is this behavior recent or ongoing but elevated to a new level towards you?

MmySteph2
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
This is exactly what I was going to say. I have an 11yr old and this is exactly what I would do if she were behaving that way.

Quoting KendallsMommee:

Strip her room of nothing but a bed with a pillow and blanket. Make her earn everything else back.

Unless of course there's a serious reason for her acting out. Then you'll have to work that out first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma_2013
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM
mine did that untill i took her up to the police station a time or two... now she is better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barbaramjohnson
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Her room is stripped of completely everything possible this behavior is new. She had her tantrums as a 2,3,4,etc.but now they are coming back she has never threw things at me b4! She sees her dad every weekend! So the throwing and getting in my face screaming is new! All our children will be starting counseling soon. Her ACTING this way comes on when I ask her to do something or tell her its bedtime. I just listen to her scream at me and let it go until she is done. Then I will ground her etc. I have tried talking to her as well nothing is working. I think her dad is telling her to act this way but I'm not 100%sure :-/
barbaramjohnson
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I was seriously thinking about taking her to the police station. She is a good student has no problems at school is in the honor society, patrol,a,b honor roll. Above all she is an excellent and model student at School.But at home all hell breaks loose!
momma_2013
by on May. 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM
i made sure the cop scared the crap out of her.... maybe it will help you... she even went and took a look in the jail part that really scared her... sounds mean but i had no control untill after i did that... good luck

Quoting barbaramjohnson:

I was seriously thinking about taking her to the police station. She is a good student has no problems at school is in the honor society, patrol,a,b honor roll. Above all she is an excellent and model student at School.But at home all hell breaks loose!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barbaramjohnson
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Thank-you wonderful ladies I will be doing if not done all the above hopefully she will straightn her behind out! I'm really at the end of my ropes with this behavior from a CHILD and I for one will not become an abused parent at the hand of my child or any child.
Anon000
by on May. 28, 2013 at 1:12 AM
See if they have a jail that has a program to scare teens straight show her what can happen if she keeps her attitude up
SentRegards
by on May. 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM
My mom brought me and my bro to a shelter home for kids who're too out of control for their parents and we talked to a counselor about staying there and my bro started crying saying he'd change if he could go home.... lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)