Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the gluten free mommas...I need help.Please and thank you.

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever used/bought/tasted any of the Go Picnic gluten free meals? Brian loves them but we can't seem to find them anywhere except online.Do you know of any stores that carry this brand?Also,where do I go to buy gluten free bread? The only one I know of that tastes ok is Glutino Genius Bread.Can't find it in Mississippi either.Help please and TIA. 

(For those of you that don't know what this is.....)

Go Picnic (ready to go meals)

Glutino :

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
Author: Milton Berle

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

by on May. 29, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM

pssssssssttt  Did you try their store locator?

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Yup and unless I'm doing it wrong there are NO stores in Mississippi that have the Go picnic brand!There are so many things that Brian wants and I can't let him eat them.I hate seeing him in pain.We have mostly gluten free stuff at the house but,every now and then Brian  goes to a birthday party or something and ends up blowing his gluten free diet.Which in turns makes him real sick.But,he knows what the consequences to  him are;sometimes he makes the decision to put up with the tummy ache.It's his belly so in this regard I let him make his own decision(with a lot of "input" from mom and dad-even his older brother tries to help us with Brian's diet.embarrassed mini)

Quoting frndlyfn:

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

rollin3kidsdeep
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:38 AM
We get the Go Picnic stuff at Target and buy Udis bread at Whole Foods :)
JasonsMom2007
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I saw them at sprout the other day but idk if you have those.

I buy a lot of gluten free foods from amazon for a reasonable price.  Try there.

annelauer
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM

We don't eat gluten, but we also avoid processed food, so I can't say I've seen these products.  I know we have specific gluten free markets around here.  Have you tried someplace like that?  Not being able to find his favorites may be a great way to transition him into new, healthier eating habits though.  Good luck!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Thank you.We have a Target about 10 minutes from our house--I've never seen these items there.Doesn't mean anything though-I wasn't looking for gluten free at the time. (Brian is 12.They finally diagnosed Celiac about 8/9 months ago)

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep:

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 AM

BUMP!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:04 AM

All the locations i saw were target in other states.   Dont feel bad, apparently this product is not near me either.   We have Udi's at many of the grocery stores and of course gluten free sections at Whole foods.  I buy wheat free ready made cookies at their bakery for a treat.  I am thinking you just may have to make the foods yourself at home.  We have 1-3 gluten free bakeries in my area as well.

hQuoting brandyblx:
o Thank you.We have a Target about 10 minutes from our house--I've never seen these items there.Doesn't mean anything though-I wasn't looking for gluten free at the time. (Brian is 12.They finally diagnosed Celiac about 8/9 months ago)
Quoting rollin3kidsdeep:

PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2013 at 6:30 AM

You can order them online from Amazon.  Also, talk to the manager of the grocery stores you shop at and request that they start carrying it.  They may start putting it on the shelf.  I'm seeing more and more gluten free items on the store shelves now.

Quoting brandyblx:

Yup and unless I'm doing it wrong there are NO stores in Mississippi that have the Go picnic brand!There are so many things that Brian wants and I can't let him eat them.I hate seeing him in pain.We have mostly gluten free stuff at the house but,every now and then Brian  goes to a birthday party or something and ends up blowing his gluten free diet.Which in turns makes him real sick.But,he knows what the consequences to  him are;sometimes he makes the decision to put up with the tummy ache.It's his belly so in this regard I let him make his own decision(with a lot of "input" from mom and dad-even his older brother tries to help us with Brian's diet.embarrassed mini)

Quoting frndlyfn:

rollin3kidsdeep
by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:00 AM
We "happened" upon them one day! Good luck

Quoting brandyblx:

Thank you.We have a Target about 10 minutes from our house--I've never seen these items there.Doesn't mean anything though-I wasn't looking for gluten free at the time. (Brian is 12.They finally diagnosed Celiac about 8/9 months ago)

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)