Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12yr old sucidal...

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 4 Replies
My 12yr old sister has lived with our older brother for about 4months now... Last night he came home from work to find her over dosed on her prescribed mindgrain meds...he called 911 and got her to the hospital where they worked on her, cut her clothes off to discover she has been cutting...

So some back round my mother has struggled with a crack addiction my whole life.. my sister lives with my brother because she hates her fathers 22yr old girl friend.. and my mom is constantly blowing her off and never showing up when she promises cuz she rather be high.. I saw my sister becoming depressed about 2 yrs ago and repeateadly told my step father to get her some help she became distant and shut down she stopped talking to people and refused to acknowledge that our mother hurt her or talk about it.. she held all the pain in.. my step father never got her help and now we are hear... I think I should talk to her for I was in her shoes I was 12 and hospitalized for sucide I struggled with the same pain caused by our mothers addiction and feeling abondonment.. but I was told I have no right to talk to her she doesn't need to kno about my past and what I went through... I think that's exactly what she needs I think she needs professional help with this but also needs to kno she isn't alone that she isn't the only one to feel this pain and that she has some one she can talk to that truely understands what she is struggling with..

What do you think what would you do?? Should I talk to her anyway? I kno its not my kid but it is my sister and honestly if my parents were not complete asses we wouldn't be here in the first place if the would have listened to me 2yrs ago and got her help when she first showed signs of depression it wouldn't have for this far but they were to weakest up in their divorce and personal lives and war to notice their daughter hurting..
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
baseballmom5416
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

talk to her let her know she isnt the only one. right now she needs her family. she needs her sister and her brother. let her know you went threw the same thing. and you are here for her. 

GunnyGirlTN
by on May. 29, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this!! I was suicidal at 15 and then turned to cutting due to the emotional abuse from my step-mom. I kept a journal since I couldn't talk to anyone which helped me through it.

I agree. You should go talk to her. Help her through this. I think her knowing you went through this process to would help her know she is not alone.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Big hugs hon,
Definitely talk with her & let her know you know how she feels,
Would be great if she could get some counseling.  She needs you & her brother now :)

BoxxyBabee
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Im like your sister except I recieved physical abuse from my mom. I never got proper help and now im a fucked up adult.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)